icebrg5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A guy asked me to look at his wii to see what was wrong with it.

It booted up to the health screen and thats it.There is no Press A button message or anything.

I did the savemiifri trick and it says 4.2USA in the corner.

Now from what ive read if you insert an original game that has a higher update on it then it will update the wiis firmware.
So i put in metroid Other M since it has 4.3 on it.

I let it sit for a good 25 minutes and nothing changed still said 4.2 USA in the corner.

I powered off the wii and now when i turn it back on i get no signal to the tv at all.

The wii has never been modded at all.

icebrg5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not any of the cables either because i can plug my wii in and it boots up just fine but if i hook this one up i get no signal at all.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it's never been modded then there are really 2 possible explanations. Either the power went out or the wii was unplugged during an update, or there is some sort of hardware failure. Any idea what this guy was doing when the wii started to have this problem?

icebrg5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's the same thing i told him that it seemed like it was unplugged or power went out during an update.He said he didn't know for sure if that happened or not but it could have because his kids play on it and he did have wifi enabled on it so its possible it was doing an update and the kids pulled the plug on it during the update.

Even with that though i thought savemiifri could reupdate it but not it gets no signal at all and it seems like savemiifri did nothing.The disc spun when i put it in but the number never changed or anything.

smash_brew

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that you can't just autoboot any disc from the recovery menu. You're going to have to make an autoboot disc and have a modchip installed for this to do any good. I think zelda autobooted but that wouldn't help unless you had the twilight hack save file on the wii already, and being on 4.2, that wouldn't be possible.

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
smash_brew said:
Not familiar with the raving rabbids method. Don't really see how that game would be useful in this situation even if it autoboots.
I'm guessing that RR allows You to manage save games and allows You do upload Zelda exploit from SD.

smash_brew

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you know someone with a mod chip you could swap drives to see if you could fix the problem with an autoboot disc.

mike333 said:
smash_brew said:
Not familiar with the raving rabbids method. Don't really see how that game would be useful in this situation even if it autoboots.
I'm guessing that RR allows You to manage save games and allows You do upload Zelda exploit from SD.

Still wouldn't be useful in this situation.

smash_brew

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
He's full bricked if he can't get to the recovery menu. Send it to DeadlyFoez.

He said he can get to the recovery menu. He just doesn't have anything usable once he gets there. But yeah deadlyfoez could probably fix it up for you in no time. I hear he's quite handy with an infectious.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Krestent said:
You'll need to get a modchip with autoboot.
what this guy said.
since you can get to the recovery menu,
a modchip will be required to autoboot a game.

you would get to the recovery menu, then run an autoboot version of metroid m to initialize the update.

smash_brew

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just one more thing to point out. If the wii has a d3-2 drive you're not going to be autobooting anything. Might want to call nintendo and tell them there was a power outage while updating. They'd probably repair/replace it for free if it really wasn't modded.

icebrg5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Taken from the savemii site

Do I need a modchip in order to use SaveMii?

Not necessarily. You will need a modchip so that the Wii will accept a custom-made “autoboot” disc with your recovery tools on it. However, even without a modchip, newer versions of the Wii system software (3.0+) will try to install any valid update that is present on any legit Wii disc you attempt to boot with SaveMii. In some cases, this will be enough to let you install a newer System Menu and recover your console.

So it should have run the update from metroid other M since it was on 4.2

Now if i could just get a video signal from the wii again i would try it again and just let it sit for awhile and see what happens.

icebrg5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Already returned it to the guy and told him to just tell nintendo power went out while updating/didn't work after an update and it should be free and if not free then haggle them on the price because they will come down if you talk them down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30