Homebrew Bricked wii u

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't blame Nintendo for not having a recovery menu to fix bricks by running unofficial software :P
Do you mean wupserver by wup? Wupserver is integrated into most IOSU patches. You'd need an IOSU exploit before the Wii U menu loads to fix it with it.

yes, wup server. I was having trouble coming up with a way to load it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just wanted wazawaza plaza to look nicer so I tried modding it so it would have cool designs and crap and boom bricked my system

I was talking with joonie about that. he was making mods for mario kart I believe, and some people claimed the mods bricked their system. there really should be some sort of safeguard. I think the 3ds and switch have recovery menus except I think the 3ds one (possibly the switch too) force you to use the internet to redownload system software.

KazUpTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I was talking with joonie about that. he was making mods for mario kart I believe, and some people claimed the mods bricked their system. there really should be some sort of safeguard. I think the 3ds and switch have recovery menus except I think the 3ds one (possibly the switch too) force you to use the internet to redownload system software.
Did nintendo ever end support for the wii u or is it still kicking

KazUpTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I would assume so because if nintendo didnt do that people would have a easy downgrader *JUST BRICK YOUR OWN SYSTEM TO GET A FREE DOWNGRADE* ya i dont think nintendo would like that in the news

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry about the bump I didnt know and the video is here

See i dont think its that brick just main menu brick I could just use the vwii menu but whats the point I may or may not buy a used console I know news without anything go pretty cheap 20-60 from what ive seen

@NintnedoGuyin66 I've got news for you.

KazUpTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya I had a feeling I dont think nintendo would care for a system that "failed" really bad for nintendo standards

I respect nintendo for going four or five years with it tanking unlike sony who didn't support the vita because it wasn't an instant success. they discontinued the pstv after only one year, which is why they're so expensive now.

KazUpTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own both a pstv and vita. I still remember having to get a dev license to play velfs, before vpk became standard. you had to get a new license every day I believe, but you could go days without a new license. I only got one when I was going to play something. the system is worth it if you mod it, not so much otherwise (especially after what they did to the pstv. my friend told me that they had to pay another licensing fee to get their game to work on the system. that's why a lot of games don't work without modding).

Judge_Furret

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I probably can help you on the second question. I'm not 100% sure but I think If you delete your account, you lose digital bought games.

Edit: First message on gbatemp!

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a long discussion with @NintnedoGuyin66 in the original thread here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-perma...ty-and-you-can-too.562257/page-5#post-9114928
For some reason he completely replaces the Wii U menu which isn't just totally unnecessary but also extremely dangerous.
I told him that you could easily brick by following his steps and I told him another solution to fix the problem.
The author of didn't take any action and kept saying that this is the best solution.

What do we learn from this (again)? Don't follow video guides!

If you're talking about me (creator of the thread discussing how to edit the Wara Wara Plaza), that's not true, I supported your solution to that issue, and recognized that he was going about it with needless extra (and dangerous at that) steps. I did recognize that there were multiple ways to encounter the issue that was occurring though in that discussion (all titles appearing as just questionmarks). Anyway, I didn't endorse his tutorial video nor did I link to it in my intro post that properly describes how to do the edit, and as far as I know has not led to any bricks as long as the user just follows the tutorial I outlined in the first post.

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you're talking about me (creator of the thread discussing how to edit the Wara Wara Plaza), that's not true, I supported your solution to that issue, and recognized that he was going about it with needless extra (and dangerous at that) steps. I did recognize that there were multiple ways to encounter the issue that was occurring though in that discussion (all titles appearing as just questionmarks). Anyway, I didn't endorse his tutorial video nor did I link to it in my intro post that properly describes how to do the edit, and as far as I know has not led to any bricks as long as the user just follows the tutorial I outlined in the first post.
No, no, no. I'm not talking about you.
I was talking about NintnedoGuyIn66. You did absolutely nothing wrong. Sorry if it sounded like that.
Thank you for sharing your method to edit the Wara Wara Plaza and trying to give people support with any issues the might have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock