Homebrew I permanently gave Wara Wara Plaza life again, injected it full of my personality, and you can too

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry I deleted the reason why is because you don't need it I can make it work for those three regions EUR JAP USA Wii u
do you remember the video that I made this will probably fix your question marks if you follow my video warning it's only for EUR
but I can make it for jap and USA

Again, I don't personally have the problem and never did, but I'd love to share any solution for those that do run into the issue. I want this method of modding the wara wara plaza to be as trouble free for any user that reads this thread and tries it for themselves. So if people are having a problem with it, I'd like to be able to share any known solutions here in this thread for such issues.

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Again, I don't personally have the problem and never did, but I'd love to share any solution for those that do run into the issue. I want this method of modding the wara wara plaza to be as trouble free for any user that reads this thread and tries it for themselves. So if people are having a problem with it, I'd like to be able to share any known solutions here in this thread for such issues.
If the method is what is in the YouTube tutorial on his channel, he can't share it here.
It contains copyrighted system files.
@NintnedoGuyin66 is that the reason why you do everything in PMs?

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that's one of the reasons not just that
some of my videos got copyright contact not all of the videos
I looked through your tutorial on youtube.
Is there ANY reason why you completely reinstall the Wii U menu? It is totally unnecessary and dangerous. The ticket for the system menu you are providing seems to be not a clean ticket too. It is 2.8kb large which is 3 times as large as a normal single ticket. It also seems to have been edited.
Also the system menu contains copyrighted material. It is like sharing a game dump.

And to avoid critism you are now helping people in PMs, sending them your video guides and sending them copyrighted files too. Which is against the forum rules!

@GABO1423 and I have figured out the issue with the unfixable file. It is as simple as fixing the permissions of the file using something like wupserver. Absolutely no reson to reinstall the entire System Menu and risk a brick or damaged system!

I don't even know what to say anymore... You have done so many questionable things in the past few weeks.

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
For anyone reading this, here is the cause of the issue that @ghostbit reported: He accidentally deleted the 1stNUP file from his console and put another file in its place. The replacement file did not have the same permissions as the original file, so the Wii U refused to recognize it. And no, this can not be fixed by changing the permissions on FileZilla or similar FTP clients. The only solution is to restore the file's permissions trough Wupserver, just as @GaryOderNichts mentioned.

Reactions: GaryOderNichts

ghostbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to solve the problem, with a big help from @GABO1423, @GaryOderNichts, and, yes, even @NintnedoGuyin66, whose heart was in the right place and worked to reach out to help get to a solution, and a guide is now impending, so lets all get along and focus on solutions~

Now, onto the next horizon...

Jemma's posts about supporting drawings on page 2 has captured my imagination!
What would be the correct way to format that when editing the xml? Does it just link to any image hoster if it's the correct dimensions, does it need to be transferred to the nand or what? (edit: I foolishly only read closely the parts of the OP that pertained to me when last referring to this topic, so I see now the conversion script for icons she referred to. I'm a little unclear on if that spouts out basic incomprehensible code that can be used as image text or what, but stumbling through the process will make that clearer to me soon)

I wonder how much the url fetching can be altered for jemma's xml generator program. My head is awash with ideas of beautifying my warawara with a 'best of' collection of miiverse sketches, or at least a random smattering from Archiverse or somewhere like that. That's the one thing that's been lacking with this lovely new solution to the stark wasteland nintendo left us - the artwork was definitely a big part of the miiversonality.

Last edited by ghostbit,
D

Deleted User

I looked through your tutorial on youtube.
Is there ANY reason why you completely reinstall the Wii U menu? It is totally unnecessary and dangerous. The ticket for the system menu you are providing seems to be not a clean ticket too. It is 2.8kb large which is 3 times as large as a normal single ticket. It also seems to have been edited.
Also the system menu contains copyrighted material. It is like sharing a game dump.

And to avoid critism you are now helping people in PMs, sending them your video guides and sending them copyrighted files too. Which is against the forum rules!

@GABO1423 and I have figured out the issue with the unfixable file. It is as simple as fixing the permissions of the file using something like wupserver. Absolutely no reson to reinstall the entire System Menu and risk a brick or damaged system!

I don't even know what to say anymore... You have done so many questionable things in the past few weeks.
I want to ask you a question how did you fix it with the Wupserver? I remembered when I first tried that nothing works do you remember when we both did it in a conversation letter

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want to ask you a question how did you fix it with the Wupserver? I remembered when I first tried that nothing works do you remember when we both did it in a conversation letter
No idea what you did with wupserver.
You just asked me how to use wupserver and I explained to you how to use it.
You didn't tell me what you are trying to do or why you need it.

Reactions: GABO1423

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to solve the problem, with a big help from @GABO1423, @GaryOderNichts, and, yes, even @NintnedoGuyin66, whose heart was in the right place and worked to reach out to help get to a solution, and a guide is now impending, so lets all get along and focus on solutions~

Now, onto the next horizon...

Jemma's posts about supporting drawings on page 2 has captured my imagination!
What would be the correct way to format that when editing the xml? Does it just link to any image hoster if it's the correct dimensions, does it need to be transferred to the nand or what? (edit: I foolishly only read closely the parts of the OP that pertained to me when last referring to this topic, so I see now the conversion script for icons she referred to. I'm a little unclear on if that spouts out basic incomprehensible code that can be used as image text or what, but stumbling through the process will make that clearer to me soon)

I wonder how much the url fetching can be altered for jemma's xml generator program. My head is awash with ideas of beautifying my warawara with a 'best of' collection of miiverse sketches, or at least a random smattering from Archiverse or somewhere like that. That's the one thing that's been lacking with this lovely new solution to the stark wasteland nintendo left us - the artwork was definitely a big part of the miiversonality.
It should be pretty simple to add images, I haven't yet tried it myself, it's been in my to do list. The idea is that you make a .tga image of supposedly 320x120 pixels. Run it through the script provided in the first post, copy the code output in the text file that gets created and place that code as the comment a Mii is making in the xml file between the <painting></painting tags> for that particular Mii. So you can copy real Miiverse drawings if you can get ahold of any, or even use photos or whatever from your computer, but you have to convert each image, you unfortunately can't just tell the .xml file a URL to pull images from and that's that.

I'll give this a trial later today probably, key is to test in SDCafiine, just in case anything I've noted here isn't accurate.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
For anyone reading this, here is the cause of the issue that @ghostbit reported: He accidentally deleted the 1stNUP file from his console and put another file in its place. The replacement file did not have the same permissions as the original file, so the Wii U refused to recognize it. And no, this can not be fixed by changing the permissions on FileZilla or similar FTP clients. The only solution is to restore the file's permissions trough Wupserver, just as @GaryOderNichts mentioned.
That can't be done using FTPiiU and WinSCP and restore the permisson from there right? Because I have the same problem.
Like, I don't fully dislike the dead plaza since Miiverse is not more around, so I feel it makes more sense having the questions icons and stuff, but I'm interested in knowing how to fix this. I never used Wupserver before.

Last edited by CrazySquid,

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
That can't be done using FTPiiU and WinSCP and restore the permisson from there right? Because I have the same problem.
Like, I don't fully dislike the dead plaza since Miiverse is not more around, so I feel it makes more sense having the questions icons and stuff, but I'm interested in knowing how to fix this. I never used Wupserver before.
Read my recent post first:
There's your answer.

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
Read my recent post first:

There's your answer.
All right, but like I said, I never used Wupserver before, I don't even know how it works, I just replace the file using that or... what?
Guess I will look for a tutorial in the meantime and post again if I don't understand it.

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
To explain as best as I can, you are not using Wupserver to put the file in the console. You are using Wupserver to modify a file that's already there. In this case, you are changing the files permissions. The reason that can't be done on FileZilla or similar FTP clients is due to the fact that FTPiiu hardcodes the permissions, so FileZilla can't change the files permissions since they are hardcoded. Wupserver can change the files permissions trough a code, so that's why it is the only solution to @ghostbit's issue.

Reactions: CrazySquid

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
To explain as best as I can, you are not using Wupserver to put the file in the console. You are using Wupserver to modify a file that's already there. In this case, you are changing the files permissions. The reason that can't be done on FileZilla or similar FTP clients is due to the fact that FTPiiu hardcodes the permissions, so FileZilla can't change the files permissions since they are hardcoded. Wupserver can change the files permissions trough a code, so that's why it is the only solution to @ghostbit's issue.
Oh, yeah, I get it.
Well, I will look for a tutorial to see how to use it, just a question, I have to set permissions in a special way? (With permissions I think we are talking about a file being read-only, read-write and that stuff).

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, like I said there is a code you can use in Wupserver. In this case, code essentially means an action you can do with Wupserver. So what that code essentially does is modify the files permissions so that the Wii U recognizes and accepts the file.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I already sent @MikaDubbz a PM with the guide to fix this issue, but he has not seen that yet. So I think that if he does not see the message soon, I'll post the guide here so that everyone who has this issue can fix it.

Reactions: CrazySquid

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All right, but like I said, I never used Wupserver before, I don't even know how it works, I just replace the file using that or... what?
Guess I will look for a tutorial in the meantime and post again if I don't understand it.
Posting this here until it gets added to the OP:
[*]Download Python (If the latest version doesn't work try using Python 2.7) and save the wupclient.py on a folder on your PC (Right Click > Save As...).
[*]Open wupclient.py with some kind of text editor and replace 192.168.0.197 in line 30 with your Wii Us IP and leave the port as it is.
[*]On your wii u start the Homebrew Launcher (CBHC Users have to press the Home button while boot and start the Homebrew Launcher from there).
[*]Run MochaCFW and you should return to the Homebrew Launcher. You're running now wupserver in the background.
[*]On your PC run Command Prompt and type "cd <PathToFolderContainingWupclient.py>" without the <>. Press Enter to continue.
[*]Type py -i wupclient.py and press Enter again.
[*]Enter the Command below:
Code:
Code:
w.chmod('/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/pathtofile', 0x644)
Make sure to run mocha and not haxchi because the wupserver only gets started with mocha.

D

Deleted User

[*]Download Python (If the latest version doesn't work try using Python 2.7) and save the wupclient.py on a folder on your PC (Right Click > Save As...).
[*]Open wupclient.py with some kind of text editor and replace 192.168.0.197 in line 30 with your Wii Us IP and leave the port as it is.
[*]On your wii u start the Homebrew Launcher (CBHC Users have to press the Home button while boot and start the Homebrew Launcher from there).
[*]Run MochaCFW and you should return to the Homebrew Launcher. You're running now wupserver in the background.
[*]On your PC run Command Prompt and type "cd <PathToFolderContainingWupclient.py>" without the <>. Press Enter to continue.
Code:
Code:
Make sure to run mocha and not haxchi because the wupserver only gets started with mocha.
this is the code that I meant sorry if I didn't make sense now I think I should make a video how to do that and replace Copyright with the old one
thank you for the hard work it doesn't matter if you did bad or good I will still appreciate your work

ghostbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I notice that in the xml is a url category, that seems to universally link to "http://botu" - I assume this can't be used to insert miiverse drawings or screenshots, but can this be used to cause miiverse posts to open the web browser to a specific link, or what exactly is its purpose?

Can screenshots be attached to miiverse posts in theory, or does it force nintendo servers in some way? Since jemma's generator grabs reddit posts, often it's a description of an image without the actual image

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
Code:

This has been added to the first post, great job to all of you that came together and figured out an easy solution to this issue should it arise for others!

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This has been added to the first post, great job to all of you that came together and figured out an easy solution to this issue should it arise for others!
The issue gets caused by deleting the file instead of overwriting it. The permissions are no longer the ones the Wii U expects and it will display the question marks. That's why you need to change the permissions using wupserver.

Might be worth adding this to the OP too.

Reactions: GABO1423

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    @SylverReZ That reply to you was when we werent on good terms. lol. I tried everything. Changing privacy settings etc.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fuck Chromium. Firefox 4evar.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    (Firefox 4 now, anyway. Let's see if they pull some crap too.)
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Netscape ftw
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny enough went to download chrome Bing gave error installed Firefox fine
    +1
    Thing is , the videos work fine in the Edge Dev and Canary builds. But whatever the fix they made was, has never been pushed to Beta or Stable builds. Its been that way for as far back as I tested. Which was Edge 84. They are on 125 now.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Yeah, and I was in quite a mood at that time. I would consider choosing Firefox or Opera instead, been using Firefox for over 7 years now than Chrome.
    Tried contacting Nintendo to see if they can reach out to MS about it. But Nintendo said the videos are working fine. Without enough people saying no, they don't work fine, it will never get fixed.
    I have Firefox and used it for many years. But Edge runs noticible faster on my pc at both opening and loading pages.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I don't think Nintendo will know anything about troubleshooting Edge. They mostly do technical support regarding their console family.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell them you downloaded their trailer without permission
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Good one, Ken.
    Right. But they could create a ticket that gets forwarded to the proper team. I think Nintendo would care that their videos aren't working on a major browser
    LOL K3N. HAHAH!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My left eyes hitting random pain for whatever reason allergy cold bring it on
    Dont know why FF is slower on my pc either. Tried all the "speed up firefox" tricks but notta.
    In good news... I get to pick up my kittys ashes today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be a ram stick failing
    Im going right when they open at 8am. Been waiting 2 weeks to get her back
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Chrome is like "BRRRRRRRR" but I dislike the fact it's a powerhouse, and the fact that Manifest v3 exists
    sp3off @ sp3off: Chrome is like "BRRRRRRRR" but I dislike the fact it's a powerhouse, and the fact that Manifest...