Homebrew Bricked wii u

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also I don't hate him he was being helpful but still I didnt understand EUR idk how I fuck that up honestly im fine with hard modding at this point I will have to buy a teensy when I get the money and learn the guide but im 100% fine with it
The issue is that there was absolutely no need to make this a EUR only guide.
He reinstalled a EUR Wii U menu which is totally unnecessary for editing the Wara Wara Plaza.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, mlc is set to not dump by default due to its size, so don't worry.

if you've never soldered before, it might be a bad choice to try it on something you're trying to fix. sending it to someone would probably be about the same cost as buying a new system, so it's not worth it if you get to that point. at least the gamepad is like two-thirds the cost and that should be fine.

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright thank you both very very much I will get around to learn how to solder sinces ive never done it in my life and when I save a bit up ill buy the teensy
No need for a teensey. A simple micro SD adapter is enough.
Make sure you train your soldering skills a bit though. Soldering onto those small pins isn't really easy.

KazUpTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey hey hey don't worry it's not your fault everyone makes mistake
Ya but i feel really dumb about it because ffs how the fuck did i not realize that EUR is not a type of wii u (idk what I was thinking best I can think is the 2 different gb advances one with a better back light then the other) and wasnt the console region

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

iirc, mlc is set to not dump by default due to its size, so don't worry.

if you've never soldered before, it might be a bad choice to try it on something you're trying to fix. sending it to someone would probably be about the same cost as buying a new system, so it's not worth it if you get to that point. at least the gamepad is like two-thirds the cost and that should be fine.
Ya I know Im gonna get around to learning anyways sinces im really big on coding and shit and want to make some cool ass shit lmao so i got to learn anyways

Ya but i feel really dumb about it because ffs how the fuck did i not realize that EUR is not a type of wii u (idk what I was thinking best I can think is the 2 different gb advances one with a better back light then the other) and wasnt the console region

Ya I know Im gonna get around to learning anyways sinces im really big on coding and shit and want to make some cool ass shit lmao so i got to learn anyways
but yes I wont do it on my wii u idk what I will learn on but ill figure it out when the time comes

No need for a teensey. A simple micro SD adapter is enough.
Make sure you train your soldering skills a bit though. Soldering onto those small pins isn't really easy.
Oh really what type of adapter tho so I can buy it when I need it

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You sadly can't. (That would be easy haha)
I don't know that much about vWii but oh damn.

@NintnedoGuyin66 You really have to understand what you're doing. Nobody hates you but you're giving bad advises bricking others consoles. You're completely right that this isn't the OPs fault: It's yours. PLEASE start listening to guys like @GaryOderNichts instead of ignoring them cause you think they hate you. People like @GaryOderNichts have a lot of experience in this kind of stuff. When they criticise you they try to help not only preventing such bricks but also you to learn.

KazUpTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know that much about vWii but oh damn.

@NintnedoGuyin66 You really have to understand what you're doing. Nobody hates you but you're giving bad advises bricking others consoles. You're completely right that this isn't the OPs fault: It's yours. PLEASE start listening to guys like @GaryOderNichts instead of ignoring them cause you think they hate you. People like @GaryOderNichts have a lot of experience in this kind of stuff. When they criticise you they try to help not only preventing such bricks but also you to learn.
I wish it was that easy going into vwii and opening the files to where you fucked up and removing them all and replacing with the corrected ones (Why has no one dones this yet :( someone has to be making attempts)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it doesn't really matter if you mess up the wii u, since it's already messed up to begin with and your only other smart alternative is to buy another unit. I'm sure you wouldn't get more than $10 on a bricked wii u without the gamepad.

KazUpTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it doesn't really matter if you mess up the wii u, since it's already messed up to begin with and your only other smart alternative is to buy another unit. I'm sure you wouldn't get more than $10 on a bricked wii u without the gamepad.
I mean ya I guess your right but im gonna practice first I dont want to buy a used wii u just yet

Reactions: GaryOderNichts

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
someone has to be making attempts)
I'm pretty sure people did make attempts but you're in a completely other environment there, needing new exploits to get to MLC. Now finding exploits isn't that easy (and maybe even impossible).

I guess it doesn't really matter if you mess up the wii u, since it's already messed up to begin with
True. Still I would ask a friend experienced in soldering for help before trying it for myself. I guess this is SMD soldering which is way harder than a normal soldering job.

//EDIT: @KazUpTV If you really want to do this for yourself try to get experience in normal soldering first (that's the simple step), then try to find old/broken PCBs and practice there.

Last edited by V10lator,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would blame nintendo partially for not having a recovery menu of some sort. I've been trying to come up with a way to fix bricks like cbhc, but all I have is using wup. wup can be used on the home screen, not sure if it never makes it there or have a boot loop though. and, if you thought ftpii u everywhere was slow, wup can take minutes to upload a few MB file. this is the way haxchi was originally installed. it uses a fw.img like redNAND iirc.

KazUpTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure people did make attempts but you're in a completely other environment there, needing new exploits to get to MLC. Now finding exploits isn't that easy (and maybe even impossible).
Yep Im just saying I wish it was that easy but I understand that

True. Still I would ask a friend experienced in soldering for help before trying it for myself. I guess this is SMD soldering which is way harder than a normal soldering job.
Ya dont worry im gonna get my dad to help me idk how the fuck ill tell him but ill get his help

KazUpTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would blame nintendo partially for not having a recovery menu of some sort. I've been trying to come up with a way to fix bricks like cbhc, but all I have is using wup. wup can be used on the home screen, not sure if it never makes it there or have a boot loop though. and, if you thought ftpii u everywhere was slow, wup can take minutes to upload a few MB file. this is the way haxchi was originally installed. it uses a fw.img like redNAND iirc.
Ya honestly I feel like nintendo should make it so if you cant boot into your switch or wii u you can get a option to reset your system or something but that would cause more problems for modders and bricking their systems more

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wouldn't blame Nintendo for not having a recovery menu to fix bricks by running unofficial software :P
Do you mean wupserver by wup? Wupserver is integrated into most IOSU patches. You'd need an IOSU exploit before the Wii U menu loads to fix it with it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya honestly I feel like nintendo should make it so if you cant boot into your switch or wii u you can get a option to reset your system or something but that would cause more problems for modders and bricking their systems more

yeah, the ps3 actually didn't have a recovery menu 'til firmware 2.50 iirc, so if you wanted to create a cfw for 1.00 or something, be very, very careful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F