Bricked Wii? Invalid Ticket System Menu.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by peltazoid@gmail., May 30, 2009.

1. peltazoid@gmail.
    OP

Newcomer peltazoid@gmail. Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi, A friend passed me his Wii to have a look at since it stopped running backups from the one of the gamma channels after loading punchout. He tried to reinstall some of the IOS loaders again but they would not load and stopped on a black screen, tho homebrew emulators still run fine. I said try MiiWii 0.54 and follow the manual step by step.

He has tried this but some of the loaders stop on a black screen, and now when he switches it on, he just gets Can not load system menu - invalid ticket (this is the preloader 0.28 screen) IOS 30 - System Menu V354 in the bottom left corner.

The homebrew channel can be loaded, but running MiiWii preinstaller, or CIOS/IOS downgraders just come up with a black screen and thats all. I'm not sure if starfall has also been installed or what hacks have either.

I'm at a loss of what can be done as far as I can see anything that lnstalls anything to do with the IOS/CIOS just will not load properly. (I have tried his SD card and Mine as well both the same).

Any advice on what can be done with it. It will not synch with my controllers either so I am limited to a gamecube pad and it is not connected to my wifi network either so if there are any fixes they need to be offline ones no downloading of files on the wii.

Thanks.

2. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    try installing the newest preloaderv.29 i think, if that doesn't work re-install your system menu

3. peltazoid@gmail.
    OP

Newcomer peltazoid@gmail. Newbie

United Kingdom
    Ok, I'm gonna have to get his motes as I can not sync mine to the console [​IMG] I have a GC pad but can not seem to get past the warning on preloader 0.29 with it and wad manager 1.4 does not load, freezes on a black screen. How else can I re-install the system menu if wad-manager does not load?

Thanks.