Bricked Wii, got preloader and bootmii as boot2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wiihacker3000, Apr 24, 2010.

1. wiihacker3000
    OP

Member wiihacker3000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not An Idiot Mistake!
    ok i know what u all gana say.... u bricked ur wii idot!

but i dont undertstand how it happend.
    first of all the wii is 4.2U and all i did is download xzxero's Modify.zip and i put it on root of blank sd and then went on to bannerbomb and installed HBC and DVDx but i had em on previously so i dont understand what went wrong since ive done this before but successfully.

what method should i use to fix it? but i got newest preloader and bootmii as boot 2 but cant find backup except the bootmii pop up folder that makes bootmii come up....

2. wiihacker3000
    OP

Member wiihacker3000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    nvm i just reset the wii again... but i reset it 3 times and black screen so i left it for 10 mion on preloader came back reset it and menue came up. will it do that again?

*Closed*

3. jkashuba07

Newcomer jkashuba07 Member

United States
    well if you have preloader the best thing to do is get wankiko firmware updater, pop it on the root of your sd card, rename it to boot.dol. boot it from preloader, this will reinstall the firmware, and you system menu should be golden again, you may need to install hbc again after you do soo, but you'll be good as new after you install the firmware again

http://gamingexposed.com/waninkoko/Firmware-Updater_4.2.zip

4. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I'd stay away from that app. There are MUCH better (and safer) ways to reinstall a system menu.

Wanin's firmware updaters are junk. The 4.2 Updater patches all your IOSes, and the 4.0/4.1 updaters will brick your wii.