Bricked Wii...and preloader isn't showing up!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Adilink, Nov 13, 2009.

Nov 13, 2009
  1. Adilink
    OP

Newcomer Adilink Newbie

United States
    First, I wholeheartedly apologize for being yet another idiot making an account solely to ask a question.

Earlier today, I tried to update my HBC, but I wasn't able to because of having cIOScorp wads installed. Hence, I used NUSD to make a new set of wads that I installed using WAD Manager 1.5. The system worked fine after that and I even managed to update the HBC, too.

However, upon turning my Wii back on right now, I can hear the disc spinning and the light turned green, but it isn't outputting any audio or video to the TV. After trying a few things, I figured it was bricked. Hence, I thought to try out Preloader, which I installed over the summer. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be showing up at all. Or maybe it is, but the Wii isn't displaying anything on my TV.

So how screwed am I?

2. Sachka

Member Sachka GBAtemp Regular

France
    Looks like very screwed to me...
    What did you install anyway?

3. Adilink
    OP

Newcomer Adilink Newbie

United States
    It's been hacked since way back when; I just had some issues here and there after having installed the cIOScorp WADs, so I figured I'd get rid of them. I followed a guide online and it worked fine until I turned the system off.

4. Jaz808

Member Jaz808 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    You made a new set of wads, i am guessing you download IOS60-v6400 which is a stub, i am also guessing you were on 4.1 or lower, if so you needed IOS60-v6174
    If this is the case then it is bricked in a way that only nintendo can repair

There are pleny of post about IOS60 being a stub, its fine if you are on 4.2 because the system menu is no longer using IOS60 (4.1 or lower) it now uses IOS70

Can you see what you have done, by downloding a newer IOS60 it no longer runs the system menu, your system menu is not accessable any more