Hacking Bricked unit without AutoCRM installed

theanzwer03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi, need help, I am playing my nintendo switch using a 3rd party dock, then suddenly glitch and turned off, now I can't open it anymore. I didn't installed the Autocrm anymore since I already experience the issue of having a drained battery. Tried opening it with the dongle but there's no light, tried charging the dongle in case the dongle is drained then put it on the switch but still nothing happens. I tried putting it on the original dock, it lights once but still nothing happens. My switch is still in warranty but my country don't have a Nintendo service center and the technician is still on looking parts for months. Please if there's anyone who can help and guide me what to do. Thanks

Reactions: amandeeps777

theanzwer03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 2.08.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 2.08.35 PM.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 411
  • Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 2.08.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 2.08.35 PM.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 358

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you charge the battery externally and see if it will turn the console on with the battery full?

Because I wonder if the dock didnt fry the IC chip or the other that does the hdmi out... Maybe it could still turn on with a fully charged battery, I have no idea, but thats what I would try, if it would turn on, then I would try soldering a new IC chip.

theanzwer03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Can you charge the battery externally and see if it will turn the console on with the battery full?

Because I wonder if the dock didnt fry the IC chip or the other that does the hdmi out... Maybe it could still turn on with a fully charged battery, I have no idea, but thats what I would try, if it would turn on, then I would try soldering a new IC chip.

I haven't try doing that since I don't have a universal charger, but if ever, if it turned on, what IC should I change? and if not, what do you think might the problem?

theanzwer03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
It's known that some 3rd party docks brick switch's try contacting the manufacturer and getting a replacement switch or refund
Yes I want to do that, but here in my country we don't have a Nintendo Service Center and to the shop where I bought it, they are depending on their technician and right now he is waiting for the parts which he ordered 3 months ago and still not coming. :(

jeka1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
The same as my friend's Switch after a third party charger :
- no lights, nothing ...

I found on internet that M92T36 controller died and ordered it on ebay. When it will arrive, i will replace it and tell you if it solved the problem.

theanzwer03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The same as my friend's Switch after a third party charger :
- no lights, nothing ...

I found on internet that M92T36 controller died and ordered it on ebay. When it will arrive, i will replace it and tell you if it solved the problem.
Yeah, I also read that it might be the M92T36 that is causing this. Let me know if you already do that. thanks

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think eBay sells them cheap, however it's not a very easy repair and a store might also charge a lot.

I can't tell you with 100% sure that wll exactly work 4 you, but most likely replacing it will make ur switch work again.

theanzwer03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I think eBay sells them cheap, however it's not a very easy repair and a store might also charge a lot.

I can't tell you with 100% sure that wll exactly work 4 you, but most likely replacing it will make ur switch work again.
I might go to the shop where I bought it and let them do the fix once I received the item. Thanks

Artwebb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it's under warranty
Hi, need help, I am playing my nintendo switch using a 3rd party dock, then suddenly glitch and turned off, now I can't open it anymore. I didn't installed the Autocrm anymore since I already experience the issue of having a drained battery. Tried opening it with the dongle but there's no light, tried charging the dongle in case the dongle is drained then put it on the switch but still nothing happens. I tried putting it on the original dock, it lights once but still nothing happens. My switch is still in warranty but my country don't have a Nintendo service center and the technician is still on looking parts for months. Please if there's anyone who can help and guide me what to do. Thanks

If it's under warranty still send it back to Nintendo and let them deal with it. Just take out your SD card if you got one in it.

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
It is a qfn40. Not for the feint-hearted. Get a shop to do it if you have anything less than proper rework tools...
I just bought a rework Rig , couple of dead switches with this exact description and a couple of M92T36 ic's.( Used to work factory line reworking boards in my college days) Reckon the Goldilocks zone will be low air flow 320 ish degrees - very small nozzle - or ill go the braid route with tonnes of flux and tiny tip . wish me luck .

Reactions: Deleted User

theanzwer03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Just an update, We already tried replacing the M92t36 and still don’t work, the technician sure do know how to replace it, but I am not sure if he do it properly, is there a procedure that we must know to properly install it or anything that might be the problem other than that, it is only a service warranty and sending it back to nintendo might cost me a lot because of the shipping

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update, We already tried replacing the M92t36 and still don’t work, the technician sure do know how to replace it, but I am not sure if he do it properly, is there a procedure that we must know to properly install it or anything that might be the problem other than that, it is only a service warranty and sending it back to nintendo might cost me a lot because of the shipping

If the technician has already messed with the circuit board forget about Nintendo, you will have to pay to get it repaired + the shipping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more