~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
so here's the story...

i turn'd on my ps3 today, it goes red then green then 3 flashing yellow light. then flashing red light...

what happen'd
cry.gif

did i brick it??

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Not all phat PS3's had the inherant YLoD problem, but it's usually hard to tell which one you have. In any case, the fix is pretty simple. Stick it in an oven, let it cook, turn it on. For a more permenant fix, replace the thermal paste before cooking it.

Note: not just any oven. There's a special type of oven specifically designed to restore the broken solders in YLoD PS3s.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Never tried the hair dryer trick, seems kinda stupid since the paste and all those other components are still intact. I recommend placing the mobo in your oven for about 8 minutes at 425F, if you wanna do things the cheap way

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Doing the oven trick is dangerous with all the plastic components and capacitor. Hair dryer wont fix it, and even if it does it will only be for a day because it did not reflow the solder balls of the bga chip. Heat gun is dangerous because there is no way to tell the exact temperature, and the board will most likely warp so even if it does reflow the chips they will harden poorly and the system will still not work.

The only thing you can sanely do is send it to a professional shop. Anything else and you'll just be making it worse in the end.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You just got very bad luck because the YLOD is very uncommon. If you keep your PS3 well ventillated and clean it up from time to time, you will never get it, unless you had a defective unit from the start.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ,