Hacking Bricked PS3 Slim after CFW update

ModCentralUK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have been jailbroken for a long time so did not use the new exploit but I decided to convert from dex to cex to try out the new overflow v5 and I liked it but decided to switch back so I went to 4.82.2 Rex and converted back to dex and then I thought what do I actually use on dex that I can’t use on cex so you may call me dumb but I switched back to cex again so in rebug toolbox I can confirm lv2 kernel and target type where cex so I quit and started the update back to overflow and it froze while copying the data so turned it off and retried and then it froze on installing on 31% so I was like well I’m screwed. Waited 2-3 minutes and still nothing with no hdd activity so turned it off and back on and now it just turns on for about 15 seconds and goes off without lights but here is where it gets stranger I waited a while tried again and it tried installing the update again and froze on 9 percent and shut off. And a few minutes later I did it again and it actually fully installed to 100 percent rebooted and it did the coldboot animation and I was like thank god. And it froze again and I’m back to where I started so my opinion is it’s either a faulty power supply or a corrupted nor flash, also I can’t get into safe mode as when I hold the power button it will only do the 2 separate beeps (on then off) And yep I do have a valid backup from when i was on 4.84 dex. Hope someone can help. Thank you.

Update: it was left for around 30 minutes and I turned it on, this time it worked for a good minute browsing on the xmb then it froze again and turned off with no lights so I’m starting to think the power issue is something to do with the power supply and the freezing issue might be a problem with the hard drive.

Last edited by ModCentralUK,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu