1. jimmyj

OP jimmyj Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj

United Kingdom
    Hey guys, so my n2ds does indeed turn on, but for a short amount of time and all my games crash the system. So I haven't used my 2ds in a couple of years now and I decided to play some ds games, so I go to boot my n2ds and when I turn it on I find that most the icons of my games are now black and when I try to start them the 2ds crashes. Fair enough I thought, I'll just reinstall all my games, except no. The next time I turn on the n2ds I instead instantly crash due to an exception on arm9. I am unsure what has happened as the last time I used my n2ds it was working great.

2. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Germany
    Reinstalling a CIA file overwrites the save.

First thing is to copy everything from the SD to a computer for backup purposes and for reformatting that SD in order to check it with h2testw, F3 or F3X.

Does it crash without SD inserted? Its very well possible that the SD failed or just corrupted over time (and will work again after reformatting).

:!: Don't attempt CTRTransfer or CTRTransfer Type D9 without checking your SD for defects and fake. Create a NAND-backup of the current, bricked status. Skipping backups and/or checks is a risky gamble.

Good luck!

TurdPooCharger and alexander1970 like this.
  3. jimmyj

United Kingdom
    I actually couldn't care less about the saves. I'll try formatting the sd then

4. jimmyj

United Kingdom
    To anyone who has this same issue: I had to format my sd card as it had corrupted over time. I wasn't able to recover any save files as none of the files on sd card worked properly. Just format your sd and follow the final few steps of the 3ds guide

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    This is one of the many reasons why it's important to make periodic backups of any important save files using JKSM or Checkpoint, and why it's important to store those save files somewhere safe.

6. jimmyj

United Kingdom
    Yes, I agree with you. I do in fact have _some_ save files, but not all as I wasn't expecting my sd card to just fail

7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I would guess 99.9% of people whose SD cards failed said the same thing.

8. jimmyj

United Kingdom
    Lmao yeah

9. TurdPooCharger

United States
    Did you hardware test your emptied out SD card in H2testw to check for sure it isn't fake, faulty, or dying before reusing it?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Bricked,