Hardware Bricked N3ds while soldering CLK

Breadffhack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I managed to solder my CLK wire for hardmod then while reaching for tweezers i flicked the cable off and off came the CLK pads...

I tried to scratch at it to get some copper to show but nope, can't see anything in my microscope.

Can I fix this by pulling CLK from somewhere else to the EMMC ? or was that the closest point and I now have a non-fixable 3ds?

Reassembling the 3ds and starting it makes both screen flash once, the top in black and bottom in blue, during the flash you can see the white message lines but then it shuts off.
Thx beforehand.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
You didn't connect the top screen backlight and top screen ribbon cable properly, that's why it flashes.

And you also definitely have a bricked NAND if you get a bootrom error without the hardmod connected to a computer.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well you could probably recover some of the costs by selling it for parts

might be worth getting it put back together properly so it stays on, and sharing some pictures of where you messed up to see if its recoverable, pictures say a million words when it comes to these kinds of things as we have no idea even what clk point you were using or if you were using a blowtorch to solder, a picture will help people see the damage and give people a better idea of if they think you would be able to fix it

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Breadffhack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Went over my assembly process a couple of times and sure enough, LCD ribbon was the issue.

The fucked up boot nand / whatever is still an issue though... Definately no way to ressurect it without a backup?
It's really strange, because I never even got the chance to connect the device to sd card reader... So don't know why the nand is corrupted.

Jordan Wessley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had this problem. I eventually bought a cheapo broken 3DS (after asking about the specific problem) and replaced the motherboards. Also try cleaning off the CLK pad. It worked temporarily.

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
maybe only was interrupted the communication with the nand, you need to see if is possible to join again with a small line of copper, but you need good eyes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.