Bricked my Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dnmn8r, Nov 18, 2008.

Nov 18, 2008

Bricked my Wii by dnmn8r at 8:25 AM (1,495 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. dnmn8r
    OP

Member dnmn8r GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Well i used region free, and then that fked up my disc channel. then i tried installing cios fix and backup loader, and they didnt work. So eventually i decided to format, but that made things even worse because now nothing works. Then i updated hoping that maybe it will make my wii back to normal, but not luck. so now all i can do is go to my mii's and photo channel....

Anyone else bricked their wiis, or anyone have any kind of solution to this?

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    own fault..sorry ass remark [​IMG]

more info would be nice, how did region free fuck you up...?

3. zerof

Member zerof GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Running a disc bricked your wii?? Did you update from the disc?

4. pieman202

Member pieman202 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    that's not much of a brick >.> but does it only have you only tried running back-ups or have you tried using some real games??

5. dnmn8r
    OP

Australia
    well i changed something in region changer on the wii using hbc, then i tried installing cios and some other stuff.. then disc channel stopped working, and backup loader only loaded originals
    so i decided if i format, i can try from scratch, seeing as i did it for my friend and it worked.
    But that deleted hbc and now i cant even run originals as the disc channel jst gives read errors.
    I'll try getting a modchip installed maybe that will fix it but i dont know if that will allow it to work or not.
    Anyone know of someone who does it around west sydney?
    I'm thinking that my wii is probably trying to read NTSC games, but my games are Pal. Maybe the modchip will allow it to read pal and then i win? not sure....

6. dnmn8r
    OP

Australia
    anyone know of someone who can install a modchip for cheap in the sydney area, or somewhere where i could get a cheap solderless chip?

7. Ozz465

Member Ozz465 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    try the buy/sell area here , theres user selling asome for cheap.

8. dnmn8r
    OP

Australia
    sorry just did a quick scan couldnt find it, could you post a link?

9. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    I don't want to risk for the same thing if I don't know what the hell I am doing. Besides the Wii I have now its not mines, its for the whole family; reason why its inside the Livingroom.

10. Kratozero

Newcomer Kratozero Advanced Member

Mexico
    I have a similar problem, but i think it is the laser of my wii, because i updated safely and it ran games for some days, tghen it attempted to load some new backup games and it froze and now refuses to read even originals, did you have the SSBB dust problem?, i did and it made the exact clicking sound it does now when trying to read my discs, i also used compressed air at that time, and it did help run the game, i gave it shot and it does help run games, even backup ones, but that only confirms my lens is dirty or busted.
    Give it a shot, grab a can of compressed air and insert the nozzle into the center of the disc slot WHILE the console is on so the nozzle gets pulled in around 3 centimeters, pull the trigger 2-3 times strongly but quickly, see if it helps and tell me

11. Kratozero

Newcomer Kratozero Advanced Member

Mexico
    i suggest using the compressed air to see if it loads anything