Hacking Bricked my Acekard 2i after using Moonshell 2.10 stable

25FF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Just bought an Acekard yesterday, and just started setting things up.
AKAIO was installed and used to be fully working. (The help menu says it's HW 81)
The AKAIO wiki page on WikiTemp says that you can use AkMenu4.nds file (the firmware menu file), copy it to /moonshl2/resetmse/ and rename it to RPGS.nds to enable soft-reset from Moonshell, so I've done that, too.
Launched Moonshell, tried the 'Exit to Firmware' menu. It worked. Launched Moonshell again, used it to read some eBooks, left my DSL on standby, opened it, then tried to exit to firmware again.
Strange. It just showed two black screens while the power LED is on. Left it for 5 minutes, finally turned it off. Turned on my DSL.
It doesn't shows up on my DS.
I've tried various things, for example:

- Formatting the microSD card with Panasonic Formatter, and then copied the same version of AKAIO as it was before (1.6 RC2)
- Cleaned the slot-1 and the Acekard using a q-tip
- Loading another flashcart on it (R4 Plus) using the same microSD card and it worked (R4 launches as usual)

...and it still doesn't show up on my DSL menu.

Any help on how to fix my flashcart will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sinistral89

Trophies
XP
Country
Try using the paper trick (putting a piece of paper between the acekard and slot-1 or doing the same thing in the microSD slot).

Other than that I have no idea.

25FF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Tried that, doesn't work. The cart still looks solid, through. Any other ideas, anyone?

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe the one little thing will help...
Reinserting msd and ak2i...

Just unplug them, plug them back and put it into slot...
Do it more times, the card should get back...

25FF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
BoxShot said:
If it is really actually bricked. Use the acekard 1.4 bypass dsl version on the r4 and swap the acekard in and flash it.

I'll try that and post results after flashing.

QUOTE(penthaler @ Mar 29 2010, 01:58 PM) Maybe the one little thing will help...
Reinserting msd and ak2i...

Just unplug them, plug them back and put it into slot...
Do it more times, the card should get back...

Done ~4 times, even tried holding the microSD card while booting the DSLite. Doesn't work! The microSD card is readable on computer, CHKDSK /F /X'd it and it said no problems found.

Thanks everyone!

EDIT: Tried flashing it with this file: http://www.mediafire.com/?n4nm0i5dmtm . Copied it to my R4, and followed the instructions. Guess what, it worked! Thanks BoxShot and anyone who helped and answered my post.

I have a question, through: Why the icon doesn't change to 'Danny Phantom'?

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
You got DS LITE... so that is the reason the card still appears as AK2i...
NO CHANGE of icon FOR OLD DS/DS LITE... Only for DSi

25FF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
penthaler said:
You got DS LITE... so that is the reason the card still appears as AK2i...
NO CHANGE of icon FOR OLD DS/DS LITE... Only for DSi
Oh, I see. Thanks for answering.

EDIT:Help! It stopped working again. After I'm happy because of it working, I turned off my DSLite using the power button in the help menu. Turned it on again, and my flashcart is undetected by my DSLite again. Tried to flash it again using the R4, the flasher detected my flashcart, but it won't finish loading. (Progress stuck at 0%.)
Is my flashcart is really bricked this time?

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
This time is really really bricked, if it starts the update...

Try to reupdate it again, and if the card will work, then use paper trick, or as I wrote before - reinserting (dont touch the msd when starting ds)

25FF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
penthaler said:
This time is really really bricked, if it starts the update...

Try to reupdate it again, and if the card will work, then use paper trick, or as I wrote before - reinserting (dont touch the msd when starting ds)

Flashing still doesn't work, AND the chip ID changes! (from 4 characters to b8cd16be)
Will report back if it works.
EDIT: Finally gave up. I returned my flashcart to the place I've bought it and got a replacement for free. The new card has the same HWID as before and it have been working fine so far.

'Exit to firmware' on Moonshell works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.