Hacking [BRICKED?] Help please I beg you

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wow...That probably took some time to type and I am truly sorry yet again(also going to wait to apologize to my parents for being selfish as they are sleeping and they work hard for me to learn and be successful in life and not be a bum)
-SUGGESTION- Stop apologizing, go chill out and think about this problem you have about not fully taking responsibility of your acts (I mean, telling yourself you do x things for other people as an excuse), but think of that alone, in a relaxed place. Then, on Friday get the 3DS, try to look into it, and only when you have more questions come back. Self shaming won't make you better, but reflecting on why you do things on your own may.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is an interesting situation; hardmoding is your answer.

@Biff627 .... Nice Ryuko Matoi theme, I'm gonna try it out x3 (My waifu)

PS~ Can you include the Loose your way Song; but, the Credits one from the last dozen episodes is still pretty good.
Ive used it since I made it :D I even have a custom boot up from A9LH! I love this theme and I actually just "updated" it a tiny bit xD
Tbh, I may change some of the bottom pics as well xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

-snip-

Last edited by Minox,

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But he says he has no MCU brick, read somewhere above where it states the lid wasn't closed.
op says something else

he closed his new 3ds before telling after I warned him not (what can you do) he has a nand backup (thank god he listened to that)

Deleted member 408979

Gbatemp amphibian
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This the disadvantage of a n3ds.
'Oh i'll leave my n3ds in sleep'
*closes n3ds*
(a few seconds later)
'OH SHIT, NOW I REMEMBER, DOING THAT HARDBRICKS!!!!!'

But wait, i did this on my 2ds, how come when i put it in sleep it didn't brick?

heeey lil bro :3

lemme tell you why.
Yall got a 2DS,not a new 3DS.

And,since back in 2.1 2DS didnt exist,the top screen was fucked up.

Even tho the 2DS got the same screen size as the first 3DS.

Which was around at the time :l

SahierKHLover

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't feel guilty now my dumba** friend went to update his 3ds through system settings even the ******* told him not to... welp I ask mods to close this thread as it is now useless and I am going to talk to mcchew or whatever the heck his name is

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why any of this is your problem? Your friend had to be doing the hack, even if you walked him through it. How can you feel guilty if you warned him and he ignored you> I would say it's own problem at this point and just point him in the right direction. First you said you did it, and felt guilty because it wasn't yours, then you said it wasn't even you. You make absolutely no sense. This thread is all over the place.

tallpr24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't vouch for wicksand420, he has fixed many of my 3ds, and has modded them as well. send him your 3ds he will fix it...you have any questions, pm me...he is the best..

My friend attempted the downgrade process on his own and got stuck on the 2.1.0 firmware section and he closed his new 3ds before telling after I warned him not (what can you do) he has a nand backup (thank god he listened to that) and now i was wondering is there any other way besides hardmod to restore or I can try to do something else
i can't vouch for wicksand420, he has fixed many of my 3ds, and has modded them as well. send him your 3ds he will fix it...you have any questions, pm me...he is the best..

I dont have the n3ds with me right now I have to wait till friday in order to do anything from trying to do it myself or asking a hardmodder to hardmod it but other than your right there is no point anymore to my question and no people are not throwing stones at me I am just learning my lesson thats all

nothing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i bricked my n3dsxl by updating it after the downgrade( i panicked when the screen glitched out) I need help please

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

It doesn't matter if you vouch for him, if he doesn't send pictures of his hardmods in to the OP of the hardmod installers thread and get himself verified and added to the list then nobody will trust him.

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm really sorry to hear about what happened about getting your 3DS bricked.

On the technical side of things, how that old firmware bricks your 3DS is actually because firmwares that are older than 8.1 only have an old 3DS variant, there is no New 3DS version of it. And because the New 3DS is different hardware, it uses different instruction sets for sleep mode, turning off the display and many other functions.

Using a firmware that is coded for old 3DS will always result in that same problem. When the device's lid is closed, the New 3DS uses the ARM9 instruction to the NATIVE_FIRM, and what it points to is a pointer that leads to an instruction that rewrites bytes in the invalid locations on the NAND, which ends up corrupting the system NAND. And that's how it's game over for your working 3DS. The only way to fix the problem, is through a hard-mod. Only attempt a hard-mod if you know what you're doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, That is definitely exciting news. +1