Homebrew Bricked DSIXL Help

Coaleb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I uninstalled unlaunch it went black screen with a blue light havent been able to get it to go back so Im assuming it is bricked

edo9300

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry if I'm asking lots of things, but the more is know the more it'll be easier to debug and maybe find even the cause. So, how did you install unlaunch? Unlaunch version? Firmware version? Did you use any app that modified the nand in some ways?

Coaleb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its okay If I can recover this it would be awesome. I had version 0.8. I uninstalled it using 1.7 uninstall option. My firmware version was 1.4. The only app I can think that I may have used in the past would have been tempnand.

edo9300

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Its okay If I can recover this it would be awesome. I had version 0.8. I uninstalled it using 1.7 uninstall option. My firmware version was 1.4. The only app I can think that I may have used in the past would have been tempnand.
you used tempnand to install unlaunch? Well, highly probably your ds is unbrickable now, at least via software. Basically the tools thqat were used before in some guides like tempnand or twlnf, consumed the write cycles of the nand chip and some times (almost ever in the case of twlnf) messed up something in your nand. Probably when you tried to uninstall unlaunch, some changes made with tempnand broke your nand, or it could also be dead because it exceeded the writing cycles

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, that sounds like an unfixable nand. I've heard that a firmware error may shows it can be fixed, but this sounds like it doesn't.
Still, you can do an attempt to hardmod it, so you can recover your nand, but it may not work.

Also edo9300 is here, this will probably the only way I'll see you.
God, bless Champ for flexing his ban hammer on me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld