Hacking Bricked 3DS XL? HELP!

Streeve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I think I just bricked my 3DS XL.
I did some tinkering around in the settings, and accidentally pressed something that wrote information to my SD card, it went so fast there wasn't even a chance to abort the operation.
Now whenever I try to power the system on I get this message (Gateway 3DS or SD inserted doesn't matter, I still get the same message):

BOOTROM 8046
ERRCODE: 00F800EF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000008 00000000

Is there a way to fix this? I obviously backed up my original NAND when I set up the Gateway 3DS for the first time, long before this happened.
It might be worth noting that all of this happened in Gateway mode as well....

Please help me out here :sad:

Streeve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"(Gateway 3DS or SD inserted doesn't matter, I still get the same message):"

I think that should answer your question.

Streeve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In setting, what did you press?

You're not the only with this problem and N3DS XL.

It was something under data management. I cannot remember what exactly it was.
Just right after it created something on the SD card, that screen showed up and is present wheter or not I power it off and on again.

Again, like I said, it was in Gateway Mode, EMUnand.

Boy3D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
It was something under data management. I cannot remember what exactly it was.
Just right after it created something on the SD card, that screen showed up and is present wheter or not I power it off and on again.

Again, like I said, it was in Gateway Mode, EMUnand.
Try to consume the entire battery. That could works.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sure, if they bother to look for it... if they do, then they will just send it back unrepaired, if they do repair it or exchange it, you will surely get it back with latest firmware installed... so you can only hope, that they actually do repair it and then you still got the chance to hardware modify it and flash back your old nand backup

Streeve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try to consume the entire battery. That could works.

I'll give it a try, although I doubt it will work. The damned thing was nearly at 100% battery when this happened, so this will most likely take a couple of hours...

Sure, if they bother to look for it... if they do, then they will just send it back unrepaired, if they do repair it or exchange it, you will surely get it back with latest firmware installed... so you can only hope, that they actually do repair it and then you still got the chance to hardware modify it and flash back your old nand backup

They would most likely update it to the latest firmware. Now, if that's the case, I did have my NAND backed up, so how would I proceed in flashing back my original NAND?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm pretty sure they would be able to notice that the Gateway exploit is installed on it, no?
That could happen but that doesn't necessarily mean they would refuse to fix your 3DS. There are three scenarios I can think of:

a) They restore your 3DS and update it to the latest firmware
b) They can't restore your 3DS and send you a replacement unit
c) They detect gateway data and send you your 3DS broken back (in which case you still could ask someone to flash your nand backup to your 3DS)

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
2-3 cases of this have appaeared in an spanish forum , but until now they were all 3dslinks

I hope the gateway team gets on the look for this and we can all get the fix

I have read this error happened to people before flashcards were even available and the reason was leaving the 3ds on sleep mode for a long time..

Streeve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2-3 cases of this have appaeared in an spanish forum , but until now they were all 3dslinks

I hope the gateway team gets on the look for this and we can all get the fix

I have read this error happened to people before flashcards were even available and the reason was leaving the 3ds on sleep mode for a long time..

Since they did actually offer to back up the NAND, they should be working on something. But until then, I have a brick piece laying here unless someone can provide me with some information as to how I could reverse all of this.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
problem is now what gateway is confirmed to have the problem everyone could be susceptible to it happening. 1 of the persons on the spanish forums had his 3dslink for 1 month and half without flaws and then BAM , so they need to find a fix ASAP

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1: report this to gateway team through an email so they actually know it can happen.

2: read this thread.

if you send it to repair, they will most likely update it and you would have to make the hardware mod anyway, so you should directly try with it. restoring the backup will fix the problem.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be wise to tell them it's happening with clones too ? I know they don't have to care about them but they use the same method at least for now so it's obvious they all have the same problem

Reactions: UltraMew

Streeve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1: report this to gateway team through an email so they actually know it can happen.

2: read this thread.

if you send it to repair, they will most likely update it and you would have to make the hardware mod anyway, so you should directly try with it. restoring the backup will fix the problem.

Thanks for the info.

Is there anyone within Scandinavia (or Europe) that is willing to help me reflash my NAND?

KineticSonata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking under the different settings in the Data Management option, the only suspect options I see there are the 'Save-Data Backup' option under the 3DS tab. In that there are 3 options; Backup, Restore, and Delete. But they only backup game saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==