Hacking Bricked 3DS XL? HELP!

qUaK3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And so far, the "Random Brick" only happened with r4i and 3ds linker, or did someone got one with GW?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Nobody has had the random brick with gateway as far as I'm aware...only the data management one, every launcher crashing brick I have seen has been r4i/3dslink only

hiron

Trophies
XP
Country
There is a user using gw on the official gw forum with random brick. He is trying to fix the console with soldering and stuff.

Commoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Take note that the Gateway News Update attributed the bricks to 'flawed copying or modifying'. It is clear that there are far more brick reports from r4i deluxe gold and 3dslink users and most if these can probably be attributed to the modified launchers. Just because you are a Gateway user though does not mean you are 100% immune.

There is always the possibility that something went wrong when you copied the launcher to the sd card. With all these cheap knock-off sd cards and sd readers going around, I would certainly not write-off the possibility. To be safe I would recommend doing a checksum test on the launcher.dat.

It is possible that data corruption can even occur during decompression if there is some sort of fault in your computer's memory or hard drive. So if you are paranoid or don't completely trust your hardware, redownloading and decompressing another copy to do multiple checksum tests certainly would not hurt.

If you don't require EmuNand, revering back to Gateway 1.2 is probably the safest course of action though.

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here I have new 3DS XL (x3) bricked with R4iGold v3.2 emuNAND sold to customers the week before.
My normal 3DS (not XL) works fine in v3.2 for the moment...

cypher007

Trophies
XP
Country
just a thought. the op seemed very reluctant to contact Gateway. maybe he has a clone? or another option is maybe there are clones that look exactly like a GW card from the outside.

I would recommend people stop using emunand until its sorted.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well unfortunately I think a bunch of mis-information is bound to be getting spread by the clones to try preserve sales after messing up so badly, easiest way to do this? Start spreading rumors about the gateway so they can claim to be just as safe still, which is annoying as it would be nice to know that all claims are true, but as it stands I think it's best to take any sudden claims about gateway as possible damage limitation from the clones....I actually went out of my way to try all the "theories" of the causes of bricks using my gateway, and had no problems what so ever

Reactions: Pablo007 and Saxer

burboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
in italian forum there is a guy who has brik 3ds without emunand
r4i goldDE

there will be some relation to the last game load?

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
And so far, the "Random Brick" only happened with r4i and 3ds linker, or did someone got one with GW?

Just happened to me, i'm using my gateway more than 2 months now with gateway,
Never had any trouble, today i decided to try the gateway mode without emunand, so i formatted my sd card, put the launcher back on it, put in in the 3DS xl, launched the gateway launcher, clicked gateway mode, and then i just got a black screen. whenever i start my 3DS now, i got a blue screen with the boot rom error.

D

Deleted User

Tell us the error numbers that it prints on the screen. That way we can see some more about the cause.

Also I would like to point out you have been replying to a thread that is from January 2014, so a year ago. We have not received word about any bricks whatsoever for atleast a good 6 months. It would be strange to have it pop up now...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Just happened to me, i'm using my gateway more than 2 months now with gateway,
Never had any trouble, today i decided to try the gateway mode without emunand, so i formatted my sd card, put the launcher back on it, put in in the 3DS xl, launched the gateway launcher, clicked gateway mode, and then i just got a black screen. whenever i start my 3DS now, i got a blue screen with the boot rom error.
you very recently did the nand mod right?.....sounds like one of your wires came loose and is shorting out, this would cause the BSOD, its most likely nothing to do with what these errors but something with your nand mod

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you very recently did the nand mod right?.....sounds like one of your wires came loose and is shorting out, this would cause the BSOD, its most likely nothing to do with what these errors but something with your nand mod

I had my hand mod, but since the SD card reader (and the female usb) takes about 2 weeks to arrive, i decided to remove it so i can still use my 3DS.
So i removed them, and the 3DS worked perfectly, used it several times, several games, and several restarts.
And that is when it happend.

I will post a picture with the full error tomorrow, i think it was code 8046

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Would be strange if it was my removed nand mod, since there is nothing in my 3DS what doesn't belong there.
Also, since i mainly use a mac, i couldn't format it to FAT32, so i formatted it to ms-dos (as listed in partition manager) to remove the NAND partition, and then i formatted it on windows to FAT32 (since windows wouldn't have formatted the NAND partition).
I'm not entirly sure, but i think that windows put the NAND partition back, and if so, it would be empty.
Is it possible that i bricked my 3DS by trying to boot an empty emuNAND partition?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i very much doubt it, it would just black screen, the BSOD signifies some sort of hardware failure......idk, open it up make sure you dont have any bits off loose wire or something in there....but imo the fact that you where trying to do the hardware mod, ripped a pad and couldn't get it working sounds like that's the more likely source of your 3DS dying

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i very much doubt it, it would just black screen, the BSOD signifies some sort of hardware failure......idk, open it up make sure you dont have any bits off loose wire or something in there....but imo the fact that you where trying to do the hardware mod, ripped a pad and couldn't get it working sounds like that's the more likely source of your 3DS dying

I ripped a pad on another 3DS which is still working btw,
The hardware mod on this 3DS XL works,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries