Brazillian rednand loadiine confusion

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Dan-the-Rebirth, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Dan-the-Rebirth
    OP

Dan-the-Rebirth GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    So iam a loadiine user. Now we got the brazilian stuff and rednand. But in short terms what can we do with what? And how fast can each boot?

2. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    the brazillian one loads the same speed as rednand which is the original speed. compared to loadiine which the wiiu reads off the sd card at about 35MBps we have iosuhax but not completely enough for loadiine to load stuff more fast

3. hevymachingun

hevymachingun Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2016
    Mexico
    Looadine:
    You need to use sd card
    You need to extract your games
    games load slower most of the time
    No internet
    region free
    dlc unlocker only whit a copy of smash 4

Usb huehue exploit:
    You need a sd and a usb memory
    You need just to change a file, that is the title.
    Games can be installed in the ubs o wii memory
    Can be played online
    Not region free
    You need to know where to get the tickets

Rednad
    Emulation of the NAND of the wii u(the memory of the wii u )
    You need a sd of 64gb(if you have the 32gb model) pr 16 gb(for the 8gb) and a usb
    Able to install systeam tools(so you can free you console change region etc)
    Eshop only games and dlc can be installed(but you need how to change the ticket again)
    If you mess up something you can always start again

The best option it will be rednand but is not very friendly for the normal user, so depending of your needs and your free time choose between the loadiine or usb exploit

JConnor and toastytwo like this.
  4. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Once you install the games with the Brazilian method you can boot them straight from the quick start menu so that make it the fastest method. Loadiine could be a second pick because you would need to run Loadiine through the web browser every time you boot up the system. Rednand can be the longest to get through because like Loadiine you would need to run it through the Web browser every time you boot the system, but Rednand does take a bit to start up. Now the best method overall? that's kind of tough, but i guess i would have to go with the Brazilian method. Why? Well quick access to your games is pretty good. It support online play and there's little to none compatibility issues with games. But it does has it shares of drawbacks, like you can only install games that have both a disk release and a Eshop release. So Eshop exclusives, Virtual console and DLC are not supported by this method and you're stuck with games from your region. Then there's Rednand, it has all of the benefits from the Brazilian and none of its drawbacks. But it does has a pretty big drawback in the form of Rednand itself, setting up Rednand by yourself and without knowledge could end on a bricked Wii U. Now Loadiine its kind of a special case. It does support Eshop games, disk games, Virtual Console, (minus Wii Virtual Console) depending on the Loadiine Version you get DLC support and its region free. But its drawbacks are quite annoying. You can't get online, you're just limited to SD cards, some games requires you to have Smash Bros to run well, some games need some tweaking to get them to run correctly, some games don't even have that luxury of tweaking them to make them run correctly.

5. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    pretty much loadiine should be used mainly for games that arent on that title site or are completely missing from wup such as super luigi u by itself or vc games and a ton of eshop games

6. Dan-the-Rebirth
    OP

Dan-the-Rebirth GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    2more questions:
    Can we install games internal too or only on hdd with brasilian?
    Can we install dlc for disc games with brasilian?

7. olku

olku Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2015
    yes we can

no

8. Peniskoker

Peniskoker GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2015
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Guys if i want to install games on my Internal hdd 32 GB, do i have to format my Internal storage?

9. lafleche

lafleche GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2007
    Netherlands
    Perhaps one addition/modification
    - Loadiine used for games not available on NUS or as WAD (WiiU disc dumps) . That includes VC and e-shop games
    - USB 'Brazilian method' : use for games available on NUS or as WAD

- RedNand : nice to have but to difficult for Joe public (like me).

The future? : I hope for direct boot into patched WIIU systeem with a USB-loader capable of starting either decrypted (loadiine), encrypted (USB), WUD+disckey-file and WUX (compressed WUD)+disckey-file formats.