Brazilian Method / Haxchi , I'm confused

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by MegaChops, Feb 21, 2017.

1. MegaChops
    OP

MegaChops Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2017
    Hi,

I'm struggling with what the Brazilian method actually does. I've experience with the browser exploit / homebrew launcher / Loadiine from about a year or so ago, however I've not being keeping up with the newer updates.

After doing a lot of reading on here & watching lots of youtube videos I decided I was going to go with the CBHC / Haxchi Method as it means the console would be exploited when booted. My only stopper is I need to wait till payday to buy one of the 3DS game, so in the meantime I thought I would go the brazilian method.

So, I've installed WUPInstaller Y mod via the Homebrew Launcher, loaded games on to the internal memory & a USB drive as detailed in the how-to's. To my surprise, these load on boot! I turn on my Wii U and just load the game and it works, I would of assumed that you need run the browser exploit prior to loading the game but they just work.

Can I install things like the Homebrew Channel using this method or is that for Haxchi only?

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

2. fille

fille GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2014
    Belgium
    somewhere
    if you installed cbh,you can play eur-ntsc games-dlc-vc without patching.
    its all done by cbh.
    download hbl channel and install it via wup installer,i believe latest version is 2.1

MegaChops likes this.
  3. Lia

Lia is this the real life

GBAtemp Patron
    Lia is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 29, 2016
    United Kingdom
    caught in a landslide
    You need CFW to install HBL and out of region games onto your home menu.
    You can install disk games onto your home menu with the brazillian method just fine.

MegaChops likes this.
  4. Patxinco

Patxinco Riding a Shooting Star

Apr 18, 2011
    When you get your payday, you can get a NDS VC game to use with CBHC, when that is set up, you can install as many Hombrew apps in the main menu you want, all is gonna be patched on console's boot.
    If you don't want to mess with CBHC, you can use Haxchi to boot automatically SimpleSignaturePatcher to Homemenu, and it will be patched aswell.
    Diferences are that CBHC can go really BAD if used incorrectly, and normal Haxchi is less invasive on the console firmware.

But if you do point by point, nothing wrong can happen, just double-check everything!!!

MegaChops likes this.
  5. MegaChops
    OP

MegaChops Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2017
    Great information, really cleared things up for me. Thanks All!!

Lia likes this.
  6. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    *sigh*
    First install Haxchi to see if it's working properly THEN CBHC!
    Jesus christ, people instantly go for CBHC.
    Why? If Haxchi fails, then don't install CBHC over it. [or reinstall Haxchi]
    Also CBHC must be installed over Haxchi so here's that.

MegaChops likes this.