Country
United States
Here is what I used:
IMGBurn burned at 4x speed
NEC ND-6650a DVD drive
Verbatim DVD+R DL Maximum 8x speed DVD.
Cyclowiz 3.6b

DVD9 Version:
At first the Wii did not recognize the DVD, this was when I inserted the DVD while the Wii was ON. At first I thought I might have burned the DVD wrong, but then I turned the Wii OFF and inserted the DVD in while the Wii was OFF. As always when you insert a DVD while the Wii is off, it turns on. This time I heard the DVD Drive actually trying to read it, and the Brawl logo showed up on the Disc Channel. Success! What I did to make sure my copy was working:
-All movies in the movies folder ran with no problem at all.
-I ran through classic mode with several characters and I have not had anything crash yet.
-SSE Works perfectly!
-I have yet to crash with anything on this version.
Oh and BTW, now the Wii also reads the DVD while on in the normal menu, which I thought was odd. Maybe it only does that the first time?
Hope this helps anyone!

EDIT: SSE info.

TehLink

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna now have to say my burn works 100%, I have not had it crash on me at all, and I have gone through around 28% of SSE and it has not crashed at all.

DrQuack02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the same specs as the OP except for the burner...so far I'm 0/3
frown.gif

Shame I don't know anyone with a high quality burner around me
frown.gif

beano311

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna now have to say my burn works 100%, I have not had it crash on me at all, and I have gone through around 28% of SSE and it has not crashed at all.
That's just because CycloWiz > all... haha, just kidding (not really though, because it does). However, with the dump process and the shifty Wii DL reading issues, it all comes down to luck. You happen to have a Wii that can read Dual Layers fine and a burn that is just right for it to work. There was an article on Joystiq about Nintendo sending out notices to Japanese Wii users (in Japan) that if their Wii is experiencing issues playing original Brawl discs, that they have to send it in to be repaired. Apparently it's from "build up of dust" (according to Nintendo, and big corporations never lie). I'm sure everyone knows about that though...
I'm currently downloading the DVD9 dump and am going to burn it tomorrow night when I get back from work on Memorex +R's using ImgBurn @ 4x (for some reason, it doesn't let me burn any lower than 4.0x, even if I chose 1x or 2.4x, must be my burner).
BTW, how long is SSE? I'm hoping it'll be fairly long.

WhyKlef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BTW, I didn't work for me neither, I'm thinking of possibly trying the Lens Tweak but that's a might... For the mean time I can live without DVD9...

And i've heard SSE is about 8-12 hours.

TehLink

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Update: I have yet to have the DVD9 crash on me once. And I have been playing on it for more than 10 hours.

SSE is pretty long, I'm already 7:30 hours into it, and I'm still not done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended