Brawl not working

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by bowbowhead, Mar 29, 2008.

Mar 29, 2008

Brawl not working by bowbowhead at 1:49 AM (1,016 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. bowbowhead
    OP

Newcomer bowbowhead Member

Canada
    I borrowed a NTSC retail version of Brawl from my friend, but it won't run. I game Wii menu screen loads up, but as soon as I press "Start" the screen turns black and nothing else happens. I'm running the game in 480i screen setting, as 480p is not an option for me. Oh and yes, my Wii is a NTSC, not PAL. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: BTW I have a Wiikey installed, updated to 1.9X

2. ozz3000

Member ozz3000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    dirty lens

3. Smack

Member Smack GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Your lens may be ok. I think I know your problem as I assume you had not played Brawl on your Wii previous to your friend bringing it over.

Run the 1.4 config disc and turn Update Blocker off. This will allow the Brawl on disc update needed to run the game.

*note about the config disc. If you run it in the future it will look like all your settings reverted to the defaults. This is not the case it is just that the disc does not read the WiiKey's settings up loading and just displays the defaults in the menu. Whatever those settings are set to when you hit Save Settings is what is committed to your chip.