Gaming Brawl not working

bowbowhead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I borrowed a NTSC retail version of Brawl from my friend, but it won't run. I game Wii menu screen loads up, but as soon as I press "Start" the screen turns black and nothing else happens. I'm running the game in 480i screen setting, as 480p is not an option for me. Oh and yes, my Wii is a NTSC, not PAL. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: BTW I have a Wiikey installed, updated to 1.9X

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Your lens may be ok. I think I know your problem as I assume you had not played Brawl on your Wii previous to your friend bringing it over.

Run the 1.4 config disc and turn Update Blocker off. This will allow the Brawl on disc update needed to run the game.

*note about the config disc. If you run it in the future it will look like all your settings reverted to the defaults. This is not the case it is just that the disc does not read the WiiKey's settings up loading and just displays the defaults in the menu. Whatever those settings are set to when you hit Save Settings is what is committed to your chip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5