Gaming Brawl Leak Checker

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO GRAB THE LEAKCHECKER EDITION.

I have mentioned this below... the Filefront server reports 44 downloads this week for the regular edition, only 7 for the leakchecker edition. I'm convinced that most (40+) of those 44 downloads came from people looking for the leakchecker edition, and when the leak comes around, they will NOT get the notification because they downloaded the wrong edition!

No more refreshing every ten minutes!

Download page. Grab the Leakchecker Edition.
This is a VERY quick hack, I modified my Smashbros.com update checker to make this. Please post any bugs here.

Instructions: Download the program to a non-temporary folder and make sure it has firewall access. Start it up and minimize to taskbar by clicking the arrow at the bottom right corner. If it detects a Brawl leak on GBATemp.net, it pops up immediately and gives a small text warning.

This program will only be supported for three days for obvious reasons.

If anyone wants the source I will post it, but it is messy. This is not guaranteed to work, but I tested it with a few other game names and it came up fine. It (should) work by scanning the GBATemp RSS feed. If it detects "Brawl," "Smash," or "Dairantou," the program returns a leak.

The program checks once every 60 seconds but this can be changed by changing the "UpdateSpeed" value in the .ini file it unpacks (30 = 1 second, 1800 = 60 seconds, etc.). I wouldn't put anything below 300 in this (perhaps 600 on Dialup) as it will bog down your computer.

Also, the program will lock up while it's downloading the RSS feed, this is perfectly normal. Just give it some time. If it's locking up for a long time make sure your firewall lets it connect to the Internet, or increase the update interval described above.

Screenshot:
There's not much to show here, but this is what to look out for once the program detects a leak. Keep in mind that if you downloaded it earlier the program will display a more bland notification. This will not display on your screen until a leak actually gets posted on GBATemp.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did I not say check GBATemp for updates on the homepage about this? Conveniently coolbho just happen to release this, good job.

One problem though. Will this increase how busy the server will be, or decrease it? I want enough of this busy server stuff. >_>

coolbho3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't seem to work with Vista =/
Sorry!!! I didn't patch it with Vista compatibility patch.
rofl2.gif

Will reupload.

EDIT:Fixed

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did I not say check GBATemp for updates on the homepage about this? Conveniently coolbho just happen to release this, good job.

One problem though. Will this increase how busy the server will be, or decrease it? I want enough of this busy server stuff. >_>
If you weren't already checking the page every sixty seconds or less, it would increase the server's load.

coolbho3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Keep in mind the RSS feed is only 4.50 kilobytes, as opposed to the enormous GBATemp pages you download every time you click on an internal link here.

Also, the vista compatible version is up. I'll take five minutes now to add flashier graphics and a sound notification once it does find something.

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: the leak version has no .ini files or anything. Do we need to download the website checker and replace the .exe, or does leakchecker not need .inis?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead