Brawl+/balanced brawl via USB Loaders

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by shadowboy, Aug 19, 2011.

Aug 19, 2011
  1. shadowboy
    OP

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    Well, I've spent the better half of today searching various forums on the web in an attempt to make brawl+ work, and failed.

I'm running wii version 4.1U, hardmodded with wiikey as well as softmodded.
    My current USB Loader is Wiiflow, with a 2TB seagate harddrive, partitioned with a NTFS section where my games are stored. This seems to simply not work with brawl+ in its current form as found here: http://www.smashmods.com/index.php/brawlplus.html.

From what I've read, there are scattered reports of brawl+ working with configurable usb loader, but no concrete steps on how to make that happen.
    The easiest way to make it work seems to be NeoGamma.
    That requires repartitioning my drive to make a WBFS section.
    Is it practical to do so?
    I'm thinking I'll just make a 10 gigabyte wbfs partition for brawl only, with the specific intent of using it with neogamma and brawl+, but... that seems so darn wasteful.
    Is it the best solution?

Likewise, for another brawl mod, balanced brawl, can that even work on any USB loader? It always loads a gecko OS screen, which makes you have a dvd.

Well, yeah.
    Anyone have brawl+or balanced brawl working on Wiiflow/Configurable USB Loader and care to give a step by step guide as to how its done?

PS (My wii's disc drive is broken, so using the retail copy is not an option)

As a side note; my justification for making this a topic instead of a question inside the quick newbie question thread is A) this is multifaceted and complex, hardly IMO a "quick" question.
    B) google searches are useless atm. You get many threads with "lol I dunno get the real disc" or "I got it to work with customizable usb loader" but no steps to actually get it working.
    Hopefully if we do get a step by step in this thread, it'll be visible in google search and help other people get these excellent mods working as well.

2. Lemzy101

Newcomer Lemzy101 just likes playing around with homebrew.

Trinidad and Tobago