Brandon Crisp Found Dead.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
15-year-old Brandon Crisp of Toronto has supposedly been found dead.

If you don't know, Crisp ran away from home after his parents took away his XBox360 for playing too much CoD4. Police suspect he met with someone he met online.
QUOTE said:
Police have found the body of missing Barrie-area boy Brandon Crisp. He was found on Fifth Line in the Barrie area.

The 15-year-old had been missing since running away from home on Oct. 13 after a fight with his parents over his video gaming habits.

frown.gif

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Great, another "an hero".

Sucks to be the parents now, but they didn't raise that kid right. He was certainly too spoiled.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jax said:

Sucks to be the parents now, but they didn't raise that kid right. He was certainly too spoiled.

Im not sure I agree with that.. some kids get a little too attached to their online lives.. doesnt mean they didnt parent him right. The fact that he took the game away at all tells me they were at least trying to parent him properly.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
EmperorOfCanada said:
Jax said:

Im not sure I agree with that.. some kids get a little too attached to their online lives.. doesnt mean they didnt parent him right. The fact that he took the game away at all tells me they were at least trying to parent him properly.

My mom took my SNES aways a lot of times and I never ran away from home.. I certainly wasn't happy with that, but I was aware that she wasn't doing nothing bad and I should be studying instead of playing Donkey Kong
tongue.gif

So.. that's really sad, and a stupid way to die.. but I agree with Jax.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
Jax said:

My mom took my SNES aways a lot of times and I never ran away from home.. I certainly wasn't happy with that, but I was aware that she wasn't doing nothing bad and I should be studying instead of playing Donkey Kong
tongue.gif

So.. that's really sad, and a stupid way to die.. but I agree with Jax.

Cockroachman, I had the EXACT same thing with my mom!

Seriously, one time I was really close to beating King. K. Rool and she turned my SNES off!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's a shame that people have to die like this.

At least it teaches everyone else not to meet anyone you know from the internet. Just don't. For all you all know, I could be some kind of maniac who likes to torture little children. I don't understand that 15 year old children still don't fully realize this...

That said, I really feel for this boy and his family. They didn't do anything wrong, and yet something as terrible as this happens.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow... just today i noticed a missing child report posted on my schools bulletin board of Brandon, Sine i live in the Toronto area. That really sucks for the family, though I do think his reason for running away were beyond retarded.

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but I have to:
1-3.jpg
2-3.jpg

Condolences to the family, however this is mostly the dad's fault(Because he told the kid to go and try it), and the fact they most likely didn't beat him.

/b/ and /v/ have made me an emotionless bastard.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Man, horrible stuff. Poor kid didn't know what he was getting himself into.
And saying it was a display of bad parenting is just pointing the finger before you even know a thing, the guy seemed quite reasonable and understanding in his interview.

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trolly said:
Man, horrible stuff. Poor kid didn't know what he was getting himself into.
And saying it was a display of bad parenting is just pointing the finger before you even know a thing, the guy seemed quite reasonable and understanding in his interview.
If you:
A. Let your own child walk out of the house, while helping him pack for it(Assuming you don't know where he is going), you are a horrible parent.
B. Let the child play so many hours knowing his grades are horrible without intervening, you are a horrible parent.

Seriously, the man helped his child walk out the door.
The least they could have done is have a talk with the kid.
Also, did he have a curfew?

PyroJames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think he met up with anybody online after running away. I think he was upset with his parents and ran away but I don't think he met up with someone. Ontario has been hit with many cold days this past month and it's most likely that he froze to death.

A lot of anti-videogame people/groups are going to eat this up but it really has nothing to do with videogames or the boy's xbox. The 15 year old boy was punished by his parents for playing too many games and rather than accept his punishment, he ran away. So who do we blame? I would say the boy should be blamed more than his parents in this case.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PyroJames said:
I don't think he met up with anybody online after running away. I think he was upset with his parents and ran away but I don't think he met up with someone. Ontario has been hit with many cold days this past month and it's most likely that he froze to death.

A lot of anti-videogame people/groups are going to eat this up but it really has nothing to do with videogames or the boy's xbox. The 15 year old boy was punished by his parents for playing too many games and rather than accept his punishment, he ran away. So who do we blame? I would say the boy should be blamed more than his parents in this case.
I was thinking the same thing, but wouldn't someone try to help the poor kid?

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
@mods & admins

can we have a sorta memorial section for passed away gamers on the front page.
just like that lad from the A W forum.

PyroJames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
soliunasm said:
The least they could have done is have a talk with the kid.

Well, the parents did take the right step and try to discipline the son so I'm sure they talked to their son or the son knew the consequences if he didn't keep his grades up or played too many videogames. A lot of kids though, don't listen, don't think or don't care and it's even worse when they're 14 or 15 years old. Taking away a kid's xbox/videogame isn't a serious punishment but it was enough to cause this kid to run away from home. Were the parents right to punish their kid? Absolutely. He was 15 and still living under their roof. He needed to respect their rules. Was the boy right to run away from home? No.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How crazy...

Pretty sad too. But I do agree that the boy should be the center of attention, not the parents.

The parents took away his Xbox. Big deal? He probably would of got it back a week later. It's not like they abused him with bumps and bruises.

It was the kids actions that fxcked him up.

Goes to show how video games now a days really can affect people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass