1. Try2bcool

Try2bcool GBAtemp Fan

United States
    One less obnoxious XBOT on the interwebs.

2. Anakir

Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    Pretty stupid if you ask me. But I feel terrible for the parents regardless. They must feel so much guilt right now. If I had a child, I wouldn't introduce him to games until he's 10. But that's pretty hard since games are pretty much advertised everywhere.

3. War

War Take it easy~

Oh wow... that's pretty sad :\ Microsoft even had a reward on him or something... I was hoping they'd find the kid. Even though he's a dumbass and probably doesn't deserve to be found, everyone was trying very hard to find him.

4. Renegade_R

Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Canada
    There has to be another reason besides taking away the video games...my parents have always taken video games away from me even in times when I was an extremely depressed teenager yet still I pulled through...

Now I'm married, have a job and I'm still an avid gamer. I'm not isolated from society and I have a sense of humor among people. I will admit that gaming is actually holding my life back a bit but it is not a primary source of regression.

5. m3rox

m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You would think so, but nope.

They recently did a story on my local news about how people don't even do anything to help missing children. For the story, they put up a fake flyer of a missing child, placed the child like 60 feet from the pole the flyer was on. She was just sitting there at a bench. People were walking past, they had seen the flyer, and some actually admitted to just wanting to "stay out of it".

6. pilotwangs

pilotwangs GBAtemp Maniac

Man,I hate when stuff like this happens,makes the news go on about how games make people violent and stuff.

7. R2DJ

R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

I thank my mum for only letting me play videogames (PSX and GameBoy) 14 hours a week when I was young, and I got used to it.

Could Crisp have ran away as well if his 360 went RRoD and his parents didn't want to fix it?

8. m-p{3}

m-p{3} GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I agree with you. He might have been a nice kid, but was probably having a single issue, and I know it's hard to get out of it: videogame addiction. Too bad their parents couldn't help him in time.

9. N3CR0P57

N3CR0P57 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I'm just glad they found him. It must be such a weight off the parents shoulders at least knowing. I live in the same city and could tell you of the hell the parents of the last person that went missing went through as pieces of her body slowly started appearing all over town. They still haven't found them all. They still have no suspects, no motive, the Barrie city police have no clue. My condolences to the Crisp family in their time of sorrow. Games?!?! A tragic loss of life.....all over games?!?! Such a waste.

10. PyroJames

PyroJames GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Well, I'm sure his parents were trying to help. Brandon could've gone to his friends but he ran away on Canadian Thanksgiving Day and his friends might not have been available to talk to then. In Canada, we also have a kid's help line which he could've called.

According to reports, Brandon ran away on the same day he argued with his parents so running away was an spur of the moment impulse.

I can't imagine what the parents are going through right now. Poor parents.

11. coolbho3000

coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

Anyway, I don't think anyone killed him, it seems pretty unlikely to me. The investigators would have said something if a death by murder was obvious. He probably set up camp and just died of something being exposed to the wilderness and stress. Which means that his parents are the ones to blame for his death. Video games, although they were part of it, were not near the root cause of it.

Investigators: Watch out for the martyrdom grenade [​IMG]

12. Ferrariman

OP Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    I personally it was both the parents fault, and the kids fault.

13. Trolly

Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Who here votes that it was a combination of factors, and not one single thing?
    And that we should stop pointing the finger at single things even though we really know nothing about what happened within the situation!

14. playallday

playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    +1.

All we can do now is try to help the family deal with it.

15. m3rox

United States
    If we're gonna play the blame game, then I'm gonna do this realistically. I blame the kid for his own death. If he had any common sense, he wouldn't have ran away from home, and certainly wouldn't have stayed out in the cold.

16. sjones900

sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    This is very sad indeed but you shouldn't say the kid was retarded or whatever the kid's dead have some respect, and you don't know what was going through his head so its unfair to judge someone like that.

17. m3rox

United States
    It's not unfair at all. I'm being realistic about this. Besides, you didn't even know the kid. Do you know how many people die every day because of the stupid decisions they make? I don't see you saying anything about them, why not? Is it only because M$ offered money this time?

18. DarkSpace

DarkSpace Custom member title

United States
    I don't know what he was thinking, but let's all agree to do more rational thinking.

19. DrCaptainHarlock

DrCaptainHarlock Hustle bones comin' out my mouth

R.I.P Brandon Crisp
    He gave his life to save the future.

20. sjones900

sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    No, that doesn't mean he was stupid it means he was obviously ill informed of the dangers he could get into. If he knew then he wouldn't have made that decision.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Brandon, Crisp, Found