Gaming Brand new laptop- having problem with DOLPHIN Emulator

Shoter350

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a hp pavilion dv6-6135dx for $650 from best buy.
specs are:
AMD VISION A8 APU
2.4 GHZ
6GB DDR3 RAM
AMD RADEON HD 6750M Graphics

i have everything set up, under the graphics i set them to "high performance" for when dolphin is being used.
When i go to play galaxy there is some serious slowdown (although the game LOOKS beautiful in both 720p and 1080p)

i understand maybe having slowdown in newer games like galaxy 2, but we're talking 37% speed and 28 FPS here

other less-intensive games are running at about 50-60% (world of goo, boy and his blob)

any help? is this computer maybe not powerful enough?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Go to the official forums and search for APU support. It could very well be the emulator doesn't fully understand the structure of an APU yet.
Perhaps they are working on an update to make the APU compatible. Hopefully it works out.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think that the emulator needs to know how to manage an APU. Drivers should take care of that.

It looks like the GPU and the CPU on it are just not powerful enuogh.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The GPU is more than powerful enough, the CPU looks to be around the same power or weaker than an i3 2100 though, and the CPU is one of the main limiters.

That said, something around the power of an i3 should be faster than that. The issue is your settings. Dolphin isn't like SNES emulation where you load up the game and run, there's a lot of complex settings you may need to change on a game-by-game basis depending on your hardware and even the revision of the emulator.

http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/performance.html

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your GPU should be fine, it's the CPU that is too slow. AMD's are slower than Intel Core i7's (or most of the i series). I've got an i7 laptop personally, and i still get slowdown. I don't know if there exists a laptop that can play every Wii game at full speed. Maybe a very expensive one, but they recommend you have at least a 3ghz Core i series cpu to get decent speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu