Homebrew braindump - userland game dumping!

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would you go about dumping if you don't have CFW of any type, you just use OoT Hax? I'm trying to dump my copy of FE: Echoes on an Old 3DS 10.3 system version, but the app crashes on a red screen after selecting the title I want to dump. Is this because it's a new game? And is there any other way I can dump the games files if I don't have CFW?
You need to update the mmap xmls. Try running this first.

Last edited by trainboy2019,

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to update the mmap xmls. Try running this first.
I downloaded that and ran it, but it's not actually adding XML files to the folder created by the app. Hitting "A' will result in it imediately saying "Done" with nothing actually being downloaded. Same with hitting 'B" to download all the files...

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded that and ran it, but it's not actually adding XML files to the folder created by the app. Hitting "A' will result in it imediately saying "Done" with nothing actually being downloaded. Same with hitting 'B" to download all the files...
I just read your post again. If you're on 10.3, why not get CFW?

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, that didn't work as well. Still froze on the red screen...

Because it's not mine to do it on. I just temporarily used OoThax on a friends 3DS to try and dump the game. I can't get CFW on my 3DS because it's on 11.4 firmware.
I see. Well, why not ask your friend to get CFW, and then use that? There's no good reason to not have CFW if you're on 11.3 or lower. Also what game are you trying to dump?

gengardenne

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It freeze when I attemp to click on my pokemon yellow.
How I fix it?
I would like to follow the G/S/C guide to play wireless and so I needed it

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd, It works for me. Are you using hax*2.9?
I honestly have no idea? Maybe if I knew what that was I could answer. But this is the first time I have been unable to dump a game using Braindump, and I've dumped many before attempting Echoes.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly have no idea? Maybe if I knew what that was I could answer. But this is the first time I have been unable to dump a game using Braindump, and I've dumped many before attempting Echoes.
When you are entering the home-brew launcher, there's a black screen with a lot of text, at the top, it will say *hax 2.(5-9 depending on the version) What does it say?

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about the late reply, was busy and hadn't had the chance to try it.

Whenever I updated to hax 2.9, it still crashes when attempting to dump the game..

[EDIT]: Strangely enough, ANY homebrew application I attempt to use w/ SoV causes it to crash. I just tried 2 different save managers to dump my save and both crashed. Is it a problem with Echoes itself or what?

Last edited by Grima,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI