The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Brainless verbal by-product of reading too much Maddox
rolleyes.gif

Yeah yeah yeah. You are so much superior to the rest of us, yes, by all means, we should all praise your sense of irony and your rapier wit. We are not worthy. Riiight.

Now try reading the first post. Try. It's not that hard, and then read your own reply. They bear no connection whatsoever. None. Can you comprehend that? The first post isn't complicated to understand, really. One would have to be extremely lacking in intelligence to misinterpret the first post. It's very easy to understand, especially for a genius like you. So how come your comment is just a pile of entirely unrelated verbal diarrhea? Is it possible that you entirely misunderstood the initial post? Could it be? Or could it be that you didn't read the first post at all? Which one is it? Do tell.

happy.gif

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
unsure.gif

I dunno veho, reading through itech's post I can't see how it doesn't relate to the first post.

btw, I assumed the 0% score test was done specifically for the photo, and I'd assume the "super spastic" ranking applies to something like the first 20%, and it's better to make it obvious you weren't legitimately trying, rather than get a 14%

iTech

Trophies
Website
www.mikethespike.net
XP
Country
United States
iTech said:
rofl2.gif

Oh, a typo, now my anus will undoubtedly explode in a cloud of butterflies.
Hey, can you do this?;

Ik kan meer talen spreken dan jou want in tegenstelling tot de generale consensus heb ik wel degelijk
plus de cervelle dans ma tête comparé
con tutto la tua famiglia pure se erano dei extraterrestri con dei capelli fatti di cervello rubato da me nel la notte,
yell'ah! Shouf jahosh, shouf!:
it's your turn.

Holy shit! If I knew I could do that back in Highschool, I wouldn't have flunked all those tests and the animals I sacrificed to numerous pagan gods in an attempt to increase my scholastic abilities would still be alive! (animals = teachers)

Â
unsure.gif

I dunno veho, reading through itech's post I can't see how it doesn't relate to the first post.

Thank you very much! Due to your extreme intelligence and Platonian wisdom, you have elevated the collective I.Q. of the posters involved in this matter barr myself with a factor nearing the largest googolplex multiplied by the amount of digits after the decimal in PI.

After actually reading the first post, just to see what al this pissing is about, I found out that I had unwillingly copied ad verbatim the contents of the threadstarter's post, possibly employing some form of telepathy or remote viewing utilising the fork stuck in my brain as a psionic antenna. (During my trip to Brittain, my picnic basket was stolen by MI5 and my alcohol and jelly sandwich replaced with a shoebomb)

Here's a comparison;

Guy;
LOL!!!!!!1111111!!!

...If someone told me I had 0% brain alertness I certainly wouldn't shout out to the world about it!

Me;
And another thing. If you manage to get ZERO points on an INTELLIGENCE test, you think it's actually a good idea to call the motherfucking BBC and inform the world? If the awnser is "yes" then the test was correct, and you truly are retrateredet.

Brainless verbal by-product of reading too much Maddox
Eventhough I know not this 'Maddox' of which you speak I'll still let you in on a secret; I do write for a well-known (but extremely crappy) webshite under a different pseudonym.
And no, it's not 'Maddox'.
Or is it?
wink.gif

It's not.

Kenjis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why are you fighting over this?
It's a freakin' kid who got 0% on an Intelligence game, and it called him Spastic.
If I were a parent I would be kind of offended if my child were called retarded for something I paid for him to enjoy.

Itech, you're trying to convince these guys your 'Intelligence' by quoting and correcting everyone? Instead of changing people who are to ignorant to see their own mistakes go look for mistakes in a Dictionary and try to change each one, it'll be much easier than arguing about someone's post.

And always remember

arguing_on_the_internet.jpg

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I think they used the word 'retard' in commercials for 'The Ringer', but I'm not entirely sure. Is the UK just extreme at censorship? Or is this a more derogatory word than I am led to believe?

betaboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
'Spastic' was originally a term used to describe someone who suffers from Cerebral Palsy but became a generic and offensive way to describe someone with any of a range of physical disabilities. It was a word thrown around the playground when I was at school in the 1970’s and 80’s at anyone who for example miss-kicked a football.
As a result, the word Spastic is no longer used (certainly in the UK) to describe the condition of Cerebral Palsy. The ‘Spastic Society’, a UK charity focusing on people with Cerebral Palsy changed its name to ‘Scope’ in 1994 as a result of this.

‘Retard’ refers to someone with a low IQ and is therefore a completely different (but still offensive) term.

The most offensive thing is the ignorant way the term has been used in the game; describing someone who perfoms badly in a mental aptitude test as someone with a servere physical disability (super spastic)!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah i can see how it could be offensive to someone with diabilities, although i doubt many disabled people play that game (not to mention its poor sales)>

then again i laughed that someone could get 0%. surely if someone could use a DS at all that would be able to get over that. unless of course someone turnedit on and held it for them.

evadwolrab

Trophies
XP
Country
It wasn't a typo. You did it more than once - you must've thought that's how retard is spelled.
ohmy.gif

The whole non-PC, slightly quirky, rambling, mega-sarcastic thing has been done (by every American kid who grew up in the nineties) and guess what? Nobody likes that guy. Stick to impressions, iTech.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
unsure.gif

Allow me to clarify.
The game is being pulled because a low score on an intelligence test gives you an insult on your physical abilities. As you may see in the picture, a low IQ score will have the game tell you you are a paralytic, victim of cerebral paralysis. The game translation team didn't take the time nor the effort to distinguish between a mental disability and a physical one. To the translation team, being retarded and being paralyzed are sinonymous. Which leads us to iTech's post:

QUOTE(iTech @ Jun 30 2007, 11:17 PM)And another thing. If you manage to get ZERO points on an INTELLIGENCE test, you think it's actually a good idea to call the motherfucking BBC and inform the world? If the awnser is "yes" then the test was correct, and you truly are retarted.
The game never calls anyone "retarded". It's calling people "spastic". However, to iTech, just like the translation team, "paralyzed" (spastic) and "retarded" mean one and the same thing. Because the game calls people who fail an intelligence test spastic, i.e. paralyzed, making an implicative connection between a mental disability and an entirely unrelated physical disability, where a connection does not in fact exist. Yet despite not comprehending the difference between "having a low IQ" and "being paralyzed", iTech, ironically, goes on insulting the rest of the forum from an imaginary high ground of "superior intelligence".

Remember, people, spastic isn't the same as retarded; unable to move != unable to think.

And while "retarded" would still be in rather poor taste, at least it would be a better description of a person who can't solve a 3-year-olds' puzzle game than calling that person "paralyzed". The game, however, does not do this. The, quite frankly, idiotic translation/localization is saying that being a victim of paralysis automatically makes you stupid. I can see how that may offend people who have an (above)average IQ [sarcasm] despite being spastic
ohmy.gif
[/sarcasm]. Can't you?

I'm not arguing with what iTech said, that if you manage to fail a 3-year-olds' puzzle you should hide in a hole and be quiet, but that has nothing at all to do with why the game is being recalled, i.e. the contents of the first post.

iTech

Trophies
Website
www.mikethespike.net
XP
Country
United States
Remember, people, spastic isn't the same as retarded; unable to move != unable to think.

Don't click me, I might make you look like a spaz

Using Urban Dictionary as a reference? Give it up, dude...

I'm not even going to point out the spastic nature of your attempt to save face.
Ah the hell with it, I will.
Namely, neighter I nor anyone else gives eighter Jack Shit nor John Diddlysquat about the scientific definition of the word spastic. Why? Because it does not matter what the scientic meaning of a word is, because (hang on, this may shock you): words can have more than one meaning (omg!)

Since the game is a test of intelligence and not one of physical abilities, the word "spastic", deriving its meaning from its context, refers to someone with mental retardation and not someone with "Spastic cerebral palsy" or whatever the shit you wanna call a sick crippled fuck. (no offense)

Some more definitions of the word for you?
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Spazz
QUOTEEnglish

[edit] Alternative spellings
  * spazz

[edit] Etymology
From spastic.

[edit] Noun
Singular
spaz
Â
Plural
spazzes

spaz (plural spazzes)

1. (slang, pejorative) A stupid person.
 2. (slang, pejorative) A hyperactive person.
 3. (slang, pejorative) Forum users employing bold-faced characters to seem important.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spastic
  * A sufferer of spasticity. This usage is generally believed to have been popularized from its use in the name of The Spastics Society, a charity for people with cerebral palsy. As a result of the next listed usage, this usage has become offensive to many.
 * A politically incorrect term of abuse for an ungainly or physically inept person, as in "You're such a spastic" (also colloquially abbreviated to "spa", "spaz", "spag", "spack", "spacko" and "spacker"), derived from a popular misconception that those with any physical disability resulting in spasticity would necessarily also have a mental or developmental disability.
checkmate.jpg

You seem to know I have beaten you and still you refuse to lick my shit-encrusted asshole in humility, instead dancing around the fact that I was very much correct in equivalating the word "spastic" with someone who is retarded.
One can only conclude that you're possibly part of a millitia whose intent it is to murder people that use the "Evil" word by using illogical statements and incomprehensable gibberish that will crash the neural networks in their brains, shortcircuiting their cerebellum and effectively stopping their autonomic nervous systems, resulting in them falling breathless onto the floor while a torrent of redirected shit explodes out of their nostrils.

In addition, writing your posts with bold fonts does not make your message look more important than the rest of the forum users'; it just makes you look like a spazz.

evadwolrab

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, I guess I got really "owned".

I mean, that guy knows the word 'cerebellum' and managed to force it into a sentence!
ohmy.gif

It's not about being "beaten", this is a discussion forum. You've posted specifically to annoy people. Personally, I'm not annoyed by the use of the word spazz or any of your oh-so-hilarious ironic fables. I'm just trying to educate you when I say your Maddox style of "comedy" isn't funny. Hell, Maddox himself is only funny half the time.

Being super-sarcastic to try and prove a point isn't getting you anywhere.

No, wait, I'm just hearing a response to your initial post - apparently people think you're a really cool guy because your tongue is bursting out of the side of your face and you're so very intellectual.
bow.gif

The bold's something I've done for years, and I won't be stopping it any time soon just because some American kid with an undeveloped sense of homour mentioned it.
wink.gif

Mataza

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually from Ulster, and occasionally listen to the Nolan show. Over here, calling someone a spastic is the equivalent of calling them a mentally retarded waste of human life. You can see where the offense would come from that.

iTech

Trophies
Website
www.mikethespike.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually from Ulster, and occasionally listen to the Nolan show. Over here, calling someone a spastic is the equivalent of calling them a mentally retarded waste of human life. You can see where the offense would come from that.

Thank you.
Just be careful, he might squirt ink in your face.

QUOTE said:
I'm just trying to educate you when I say your Maddox style of "comedy" isn't funny. Hell, Maddox himself is only funny half the time.
The difference between Maddox and me, is that he actually tries to be funny when he writes. I actually try to be serious when I write. Did you understand what I just wrote? Seriously? Man, that's funny.

No, wait, I'm just hearing a response to your initial post - apparently people think you're a really cool guy because your tongue is bursting out of the side of your face and you're so very intellectual.
bow.gif

And while you were saying that, I used the fork in my brain to remotely monitor your activities;
spazzsmall.jpg

Here's a bigger version so your superteam can see the lines clearer (we all know how you like thick lines);
http://img14.imgspot.com/?u=/u/07/182/13/spazz.jpg

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Namely, neighter I nor anyone else gives eighter Jack Shit nor John Diddlysquat about the scientific definition of the word spastic. Why? Because it does not matter what the scientic meaning of a word is, because it does not matter what the scientic meaning of a word is, because (failed attempt at sarcasm): words can have more than one meaningÂ
ohmy.gif
Â
That fact may have been in your favour had you actually known any other meaning of the word except for the one as used by gradeschoolers. Guess what? That was a newspaper article! Aimed at a somewhat more mature audience, and the context in itself should let you understand the meaning the author had in mind, and not the only meaning for the word that you are aware of. The fact that the incorrect meaning used in slang is the first one that pops into your mind doesn't mean you're "urban", "cool" or "streetsmart", it just means you're at the same level and stuck in the same mentality as the group that uses the term in that sense. On the other hand, you openly admit to not knowing and/or caring for any other meaning of the word, much like the blindingly incompetent translators of the game in question.

QUOTE said:
    Â A politically incorrect term of abuse for an ungainly or physically inept person
Physical ineptitude? Physical? But I thought you said it referred to mental disabilities?

Aside from that, the definition goes on to say that it can be used as a derogatory term to indicate one's mental ineptitude as well:
QUOTE(iTech @ Jul 2 2007, 04:48 PM)
derived from a popular misconception that those with any physical disability resulting in spasticity would necessarily also have a mental or developmental disability.
Misconception. A false conviction as a result of a lack of education or general knowledge. Yes. By all means. I shall agree with you wholeheartedly that to you, "spastic" means retarded.

Yes, indeed, words have more than one meaning. To some, this is a way into more sophisticated writing style. To others, it's just a way to weasel out of tight corners. "Oh, I didn't mean it that way, I meant the other meaning, yes. The other one. How silly of you not to see it." Or, as seems to be the case, to weasel their way out of not knowing any other meanings of the word, including the correct one.

Now, I know you won't admit your mistake, because it would be very hard, after such a boisterous entrance, to admit you could possibly be wrong about anything at all. And I know you'lll go on trying to insult me with old and overused sarcasm, autoirony and yet more of the entirely unrelated mindless blabber you seem to have an endless store of (I suspect a "drivel generator" akin to the "lorem ipsum" thing), devoid of any actually valid arguments or, Heaven forbid, originality. Please, do. Feel free. If that will make you feel better, or convince you that you've "won" anything here, by all means, don't hesitate to pile up more of your "unique" writings, and bask in the glow of admiration by the few people who are swayed or impressed by tired old insults and noise (i.e. people who don't think for themselves (or don't have the capacity to), but just gobble up anything that's put in front of them without criteria, as long it has at least one long word in it, and irony. Irony is "cool"), as opposed to people who care for actual valid arguments, or an above-kindergarden vocabulary.

iTech

Trophies
Website
www.mikethespike.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
derived from a popular misconception that those with any physical disability resulting in spasticity would necessarily also have a mental or developmental disability.
Popular. Frequently encountered or widely accepted

I'm having fun with this!

(I didn't read the rest of your post, because I had something urgent to do. Namely, fart a couple of times at the screen to cover up the smell of your crappy reply)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...