Hacking Bought used N3DS XL. It has a CFW. Can I factory reset it?

jegriva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello. I bought an used N3DSXL on Ebay. It arrived and it already have the cfw. The System Software is 11.10.0-43.

The seller doesn't know how the console was hacked. Homebrew Launcher tells me it has Rosalina 2.0, Luma3DS 9.1.

I just want to have MY Nintendo ID on the system, so I can buy games on the Eshop. I'd like to keep the cfw to play emulators.

How do I proceed to format the console without bricking it?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I bought an used N3DSXL on Ebay. It arrived and it already have the cfw. The System Software is 11.10.0-43.

The seller doesn't know how the console was hacked. Homebrew Launcher tells me it has Rosalina 2.0, Luma3DS 9.1.

I just want to have MY Nintendo ID on the system, so I can buy games on the Eshop. I'd like to keep the cfw to play emulators.

How do I proceed to format the console without bricking it?
Just do a normal system format

Reactions: Alexander1970

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I factory resetted it and... it seems everything is gone now. Do I have to hack it again with Luma3ds?
What did you expect from a factory reset? Anyway: B9S survives "Format System Memory". This just deletes save data and installed games. Repeat the finalizing part of the guide to get the essential homebrew apps back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.