bought supercard. have question...

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Logan Todd, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Logan Todd
    OP

Logan Todd Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2014
    United States
    Sorry for the ultra noobness but I was wondering if the dstwo card I just ordered (from nds-card.com) will work on my 2DS (that I just bought) that has 7.2.0-17u? and if so will the dstwo work if i update to 8.0.0-18 tonight/soon/before my dstwo arrives?

If it doesnt work out of the box what do i need to do?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Will it work?

Short answer - Yes.

Long answer - Most likely it will work out of the box. The DSTWO works on every DS console and firmware produced to date. If you put the card in, and after installing the necessary EOS files onto your microSD, the cart fails to start (black "An error has occurred..." screen), you can download the latest firmware update file from the DSTWO website, rename it from dstwoupdate.dat to dstwoupdateb.dat (note the extra "b" in the filename), place it on the root of the microSD along with the EOS files still, and launch the card. The card will error out again, let it sit on the error screen for five minutes. After five minutes have passed, shut down the DS, remove the DSTWO, and delete the dstwoupdateb.dat file from the card, then try to launch it again. It ought to work now.

I'm not sure if they have the DSTWO updated to the latest firmware or not. If you're concerned, it wouldn't hurt to email them with your order number politely asking if they could update the firmware on the DSTWO if it hasn't been packaged and shipped already.

3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    be sure to read this: http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-supercard-dstwo-beginners-guide-how-to-setup-the-dstwo.290190/

like Sicklyboy said... most likely it will work out of the box, you just need to put the EOS on the micro sd and you are good to go

read nds-card description:
    if it doesn't work out of the box, best thing is borrow a old DS from some friend and use the DS for update the card, if you can't find a DS you can update the card using another method described on the thread i mentioned earlier. however this method is risky, and not recommended if you can use the normal method....

Sicklyboy likes this.
  4. Logan Todd
    OP

Logan Todd Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2014
    United States
    you two guys are a lifesaver. i was so worried i was gonna have to update the card itself, but im pretty sure i can handle throwing a few folders/files together on an sdcard. (its pretty much like loading an acekart from the vids ive seen.)

5. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Yeah, you're gonna have to load the EOS files on (which is the kernel, that's just drag and drop). After that you may or may not - depending on if they do end up flashing them all before they ship - flash a new firmware to it, which is a matter of putting a file on the card and hitting A once, or the back door method, which involves renaming the file and then waiting for a few minutes. It's super easy either way, don't sweat it ;)

6. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    if the card is updated is just drag and drop some files in the sd card and done.

if the card needs to update (and you got a ds or ds lite) you just drag and drop some files, use the ds or ds lite) and press a button, wait some seconds and you can use it on the 3ds.

if the card needs to update and you dont have a old ds, you just drag and drop some files, rename a file, turn on the console see if the correct icon happears click it. and wait 3-5 minutes on the error page (make sure its at least 3, if you dont wait less than 3 it can brick the card) and DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTON, after 3-5 minutes shut down the console, connect to pc, delete the update file you renamed and done good to go.

make sure you give Sicklyboy an internet on his signature

7. Logan Todd
    OP

Logan Todd Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2014
    United States
    I emailed them and they assured me the card would work with 8.0.0 out of the box. thanks again guys :)

Sicklyboy likes this.