Hacking Bought AceKard2i and Kingston micro sdhc.

jwmghf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys:

I bought this stuff and I inserted the micro sdhc card into one of the adapters and put it in my printer slot for it and it tries to read it for about 30 seconds and then it says, "Card access error". I tried it in a different adapter and it does the same thing. I moved it over to some more inputs I have on my monitor and it shows up in MY COMPUTER, but when I click on it if freezes up MY COMPUTER window. When I open up COMPUTER MANAGEMENT and click on Disk Management, the screen goes gray like its looking for the drives and never comes up. Do you think there is something wrong with the card? Is there a way to test the card without using one of the adapters? I can't test it without one???

Thanks

Sh!fT_23

Trophies
XP
Country
Chances are it's because the card is SDHC and the readers are not, you might want to buy a MicroSDHC reader, you can pick one up like $1 USD online no probs. The other issue that may be would relate to the class of the card, if it's too fast the reader can recognise it, I've had this issue. For instance if you got a Class 6 card, and the reader only compatible up to Class 4 it simply won't recognise it.

In case you are unaware Class relates to the minimum read/write speeds of the card, and as they are are selling point they will generally be labled prominently on the card, however usually not on a reader :/
Hope this helps.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe just a bad USB reader, try another computer. Also if you wanna check if the MicroSDHC is good, stick it into your AK2i and turn on your DS. It should give an error pertaining to no system files found which means it read your MicroSDHC.

jwmghf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the micro sdhc working. I needed the reader for the USB. Much appreciated.
I finished somerandomguyO_O's guide.

Update:

His guide says to boot from your AK2i card, go find the file, and run it. So I put the micro sdhc into the AK2i and insert it into the DSi. I clicked on the AK icon in the DSi menu and I keep getting a error occurred. Press and hold the Power button...bla bla bla.

I tried to navigate to the file through Settings and then Data Management. It sees the sd, but says there is no Sd card inserted. I don't know what I'm doing wrong???

Thanks

jwmghf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Rising_Dragon:

Thanks for the reply. I thought I was losing my mind!!! I think I can do that. That would be to just update the AK2i card?

If I do that... does that mean that the non-DSi 1.4 unit that I used to update the AK2i card with will have to be subject to the same thing if I want to put an AK2i in it at a later date??

(What I mean is will the non-DSi unit be at version 1.4 when I am finished updating the AK2i card???)

Lastly, does it have to be a DSi to run the update or can it be DS also?

Thanks

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
jwmghf said:
Hey Rising_Dragon:

Thanks for the reply. I thought I was losing my mind!!! I think I can do that. That would be to just update the AK2i card?

If I do that... does that mean that the non-DSi 1.4 unit that I used to update the AK2i card with will have to be subject to the same thing if I want to put an AK2i in it at a later date??

(What I mean is will the non-DSi unit be at version 1.4 when I am finished updating the AK2i card???)

Lastly, does it have to be a DSi to run the update or can it be DS also?

Thanks

No, the DSi you use to update the Acekard won't be on 1.4, BTW you don't have to use a 1.3 or earlier DSi, you can update it from a DS Lite or a DS Fat as well.

jwmghf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks ZeWarrior:

I have a DS Lite here. I am doing it right now!!! I'll post back and let you know how I make out.

jwmghf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put the micro sdhc into the AK2i and then put the Ak2i into the DS. Turned it on and got, "SYSTEM FILE IS MISSING".

Update:

My bad. I stuck the wrong micro sdhc chip in the AK2i. I am changing it out right now. Be back soon.

Did I do something wrong?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
jwmghf said:
I put the micro sdhc into the AK2i and then put the Ak2i into the DS. Turned it on and got, "SYSTEM FILE IS MISSING".

Update:

My bad. I stuck the wrong micro sdhc chip in the AK2i. I am changing it out right now. Be back soon.

Did I do something wrong?

Answered your own question, bro.

jwmghf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok,

It freakin' worked!!! Thanks so much. I put the Ak2i card back in the DSi and I got Danny Phantom. Thanks so much!!!

Should I remove the ak2fw_update_14_DSi.nds file from the micro sdhc card now??? It shows up along with my games folder when I open Danny Phantom.

Thanks

jwmghf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Thoob.

I got kids and don't need them clicking on it. I don't know what it would do. It's a gonner!!!

Someone mentioned somewhere along the way to be careful about downloading .roms?? They said that some could brick the DSi. What can I do to avoid that?

Thanks

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Should edit it out, dont think GBATemp allows people to mention rom sites.

But yes, they are one of the best available and I've never had any problems
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.