Hardware Bought a used PSP 1000 for €20! + 6 games and a ton of accessories

ImmortalGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've had my PSP 3000 for a long time now, and when i saw a video about different models i thought the PSP 1000 looked pretty cool, just to collect you know.

so i found a used one on the internet and offered the seller €20. he agreed for €20 and all my friends told me it was a scam.
but today i received the complete package and the PSP is fully working and completely scratch free. its came with a very weird hard plastic screen guard that you screw onto the PSP camera slot. the screen guard was terribly scratched so i think thats why its still in such good shape. it also came with a docking station so now i can display both of my PSP's.

they even included used earphones. gross......

but overall a pretty good deal i say.

Reactions: DigitalDeviant

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had my PSP 3000 for a long time now, and when i saw a video about different models i thought the PSP 1000 looked pretty cool, just to collect you know.

so i found a used one on the internet and offered the seller €20. he agreed for €20 and all my friends told me it was a scam.
but today i received the complete package and the PSP is fully working and completely scratch free. its came with a very weird hard plastic screen guard that you screw onto the PSP camera slot. the screen guard was terribly scratched so i think thats why its still in such good shape. it also came with a docking station so now i can display both of my PSP's.

they even included used earphones. gross......

but overall a pretty good deal i say.

Sweet! Great deal! It seems PSP are all relatively cheap nowadays though this is a bargain. I wonder if in 10-15 years the value of PSP systems will go up like the original Gameboy has some.

MasterControl90

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.capslocktech.com
XP
Country
Italy
Yep PSP are really cheap at the moment and model 1000s and 2000s are the preferred ones due to the possibility to install permanently a CFW and load everything on a microSD card (using a super cheap adapter). The PSP is also a nice emulation console, especially for 8 bit consoles in general and GBA.

I suggest you to buy a memory stick to microSD adapter, install a CFW, boost the cpu/gpu clock to maximum (sluggish running games will get way better) and scrap UMDs all together using the new installed firmware to backup yours.

Speaking of 1000 Vs 3000, the later one should have a way better battery life but the custom firmware is not guaranteed and the screen is worse than 1000s and 2000s.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep PSP are really cheap at the moment and model 1000s and 2000s are the preferred ones due to the possibility to install permanently a CFW and load everything on a microSD card (using a super cheap adapter).

every PSP can be loaded with permanent CFW and use cheap memory cards... (the Go is trickier for the memory cards, but it's not difficult)

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Again it is device dependent, even between 2000s not all can be permamodded, in fact my 2000 is permanently modded but my 3000 needs to run the tool every single time.
used to be

6.20 pro-c works on everything I think. There might be a couple weird 3000 variants that won't take it, but I'm 99% sure it's pretty universal

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Both of you above, you're confusing "permanent" CFW (CIPL based, for 1000s and early 2000s) with "perma patch" (based on a 6.20 secondary exploit "Infinity", so works on every console that can run 6.20 = not Streets)

Reactions: MasterControl90

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.livescience.com/59831-cotton-candy-grapes.html#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20Cotton%20Can...