Hacking Bought a used hacked PS3, need help with installed software + cleanup

TheJinKazama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I'm looking for help to get the console up to date to play all recent backups, online too if possible. My PS3 says System Software version is 4.31, I only have 10 GB free of 37, can you help me to get this down? I've deleted all installed music and films.

Under Game > PlayStation 3, there is Comgenie's Awesome File Manager, 4.41 Version Spoofer (version 2.30 under information), SEN Enabler/ Disabler version 1.04, Gaia Manager 2.07, Iris manager 2.21 (1.00 under information), Rebug Toolbox 2.00, multiMAN version 4.19, blackb0x FTP v1.2 and Disable Cinavia Installer 3.55 (1.00 under information).

I have a copy of The Last of Us on two disks, one has a sticker on it which says "transfer this folder to disc 1 folder PS3_ Game/ USDIR / main before transfer to HDD". I put one of the disks in and tried to play it through multiman but the screen stayed black. I pressed triangle but saw no option to install anything. When I run multiMAN it says "WARNING: Your installation of multiMAN is incomplete! Please install BASE or FULL version!" What do you recommend I do to have the best setup?

Many thanks

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems as most of that is out of date if you don't have anything of value it might be better for you to do a complete system format to clean up your system nice, now I need to ask you some questions first. Are planning to use Internal or External storage drives, what type of games do you plan on running, and what exactly do you plan to do with your system (a.k.a modding, back ups, online play, RTE, emulators)? Once you've answered those questions I should be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck!

TheJinKazama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply. I don't think there is anything of value on it so I could format it. Would I just use the option to do that in the settings menu? What firmware would I be returned to (not sure if 4.31 from system information is stock or custom)? I don't have an external hard drive so everything would have to be done on the internal one, I do have a 8GB usb stick to transfer from PC to PS3 though. I'm only interested in playing disk based back ups of my retail games and taking them online if possible. Cheers.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I'm looking for help to get the console up to date to play all recent backups, online too if possible. My PS3 says System Software version is 4.31, I only have 10 GB free of 37, can you help me to get this down? I've deleted all installed music and films.

Under Game > PlayStation 3, there is Comgenie's Awesome File Manager, 4.41 Version Spoofer (version 2.30 under information), SEN Enabler/ Disabler version 1.04, Gaia Manager 2.07, Iris manager 2.21 (1.00 under information), Rebug Toolbox 2.00, multiMAN version 4.19, blackb0x FTP v1.2 and Disable Cinavia Installer 3.55 (1.00 under information).

I have a copy of The Last of Us on two disks, one has a sticker on it which says "transfer this folder to disc 1 folder PS3_ Game/ USDIR / main before transfer to HDD". I put one of the disks in and tried to play it through multiman but the screen stayed black. I pressed triangle but saw no option to install anything. When I run multiMAN it says "WARNING: Your installation of multiMAN is incomplete! Please install BASE or FULL version!" What do you recommend I do to have the best setup?

Many thanks

Hi! You need to upgrade the hard drive. The 10GB free of 37 is too small.

By the way, I noticed that you run Multiman and it says "WARNING: Your installation of multiman is incomplete! Please install BASE or Full version!" Someone might have installed it incomplete. I had a problem before and I update it and then update the latest version and works fine. Can you try this:

multiMAN ver 04.20.00 BASE (20130220) *97mb*

Code:
https://psx.egnyte.com/h-s/20130219/c79b0d9da90148f1

After that.. Test it and if it works which it should then you should update to the latest multiMAN version which can be found on the google.

Let me know. Cheers!

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should get a larger hard drive at some point, I used to have a 20GB drive in mine until recently and it was always a pain in the ass.

(I got mine from a dead laptop, 320GB's woot! lol)

TheJinKazama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll format the hard drive over the next couple of days (working nightshifts so not got a lot of free time). Once I've done that would I need a bigger hard drive if I plan on playing games from the disks? I'll let you know how I get on, appreciate all the help.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm, some games required to installed Data Game that might be bigger. I highly recommend you to upgrade it. The correct size for PS3 is 2.5" SATA hard drives and RPM 5400 or RPM 7200. I rather RPM 5400 because of PS3 came with it. Some have warned against heat and power requirements of 7200 rpm drives over 5400 drives. If you are not sure then I recommend RPM 5400 to be safe. You can use 1TB Internal Hard Drive if you want to. :) Hope it helps. Click "LIKE" if its being helpful to you. Cheers!

TheJinKazama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I tend only to play one game at a time and looking around online it seems the biggest mandatory install is around 5GB. Will that be ok with the required CFW etc. on the 37GB hard drive?

TheJinKazama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just been informed by a friend who makes Blu ray disk backups of my games that some can't be played directly off the disk. He also says that they have to be run on the internal or external hard drive but they can't be transferred directly to the internal, they have to first go via a PC. Is this correct? If so how would I do so?

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your friend must be a little confused, because if you have the legit disc you can rip to internal or external via multiman usually with no problems, all you need to do is insert game go to multiman find your legit game click triangle, then choose either rip to internal or rip to external. Super easy!

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just been informed by a friend who makes Blu ray disk backups of my games that some can't be played directly off the disk. He also says that they have to be run on the internal or external hard drive but they can't be transferred directly to the internal, they have to first go via a PC. Is this correct? If so how would I do so?

Didnt you read my message ?

Your friend is kinda confused a little bit, obviously. If you rip the game then multiman can do it for you and it will be able to transfer to either Internal or external. If you download game somewhere then you can transfer your game to external hard drive or flash drive large enough and run it through multiman and transfer to internal hard drive right away.

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States
You need to update your CFW. Find a guide for the install and the latest Rogero CFW. Then all you need is the most recent version of Multiman, all that other stuff you have installed is crap. I would recommend not going online at all but, there are methods of doing it.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its up to you to install the latest Rogero CFW 4.55 or REBUG 4.46 (They are working for 4.55) and REBUG is more safe to my opinion and from my point of view. I rather REBUG 4.46 for some reasons. You can research on the google which you prefer. :)

TheJinKazama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Your friend must be a little confused, because if you have the legit disc you can rip to internal or external via multiman usually with no problems, all you need to do is insert game go to multiman find your legit game click triangle, then choose either rip to internal or rip to external. Super easy!

Does the same thing work with a backup blu ray disk as opposed to a legit?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...