Hacking Bought a ez-iv gba!

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
So I tried to add roms. That went well. When I boot on ez-iv menu some games are not working. They give a folder image. While other working ones give gameboy image. What to do? How do I fix those games?

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, your games must be in .gba format, which I'll assume you knew already. Your games that are showing up as folders are probably zipped or compressed as RAR files, so you're going to have to extract those. Secondly, the EZ4 doesn't work like a DS cart, or most other methods of playing backups. Because of the way the thing is built and the age of it, you're going to need to patch the ROMs to actually work with the cart. You can either use the shitty client that they provide on their site which is the most straightforward but tedious method, or you can use EzGBA, which is a recently released tool which will patch and trim your games en mass. This is the method I would recommend.

EzGBA can be found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ezgba-v0-1-0a-an-ez4-compatible-rom-patcher.395464/.

Hope this answered your question :)
-link491

Last edited by link491, , Reason: Explained my insanity (reasoning) a bit more clearly.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Checked the files they are not in winrar & I have already used ez-iv client still no use. what to do? & this (Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories) game does'nt work. it's a 32mb game. I hope you got a solution of it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

when they show up as folders, the names are too long. shorten the file names.
Nope the file names are short like other working roms.

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Checked the files they are not in winrar & I have already used ez-iv client still no use. what to do? & this (Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories) game does'nt work. it's a 32mb game. I hope you got a solution of it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope the file names are short like other working roms.
If you're running a 32mb game, you can't just load it by highlighting it and hitting a, You have to write it to the NOR. To do this, you highlight it, press select and then press a. Let it copy the game and then you should be able to run it no problem. Keep in mind I think you can only have one game written to NOR at a time, so that can be annoying

Hope this helped :)
-link491

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
If you're running a 32mb game, you can't just load it by highlighting it and hitting a, You have to write it to the NOR. To do this, you highlight it, press select and then press a. Let it copy the game and then you should be able to run it no problem. Keep in mind I think you can only have one game written to NOR at a time, so that can be annoying

Hope this helped :)
-link491
28guums.jpg
14spr10.jpg

Johnatan Mnemonikus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If your intention to suffer but not to enjoy playing GBA I cannot help. Sorry that tried to help.
Yes... $60 difference is a good reason to suffer.
What reason to pay $99 for EverDrive and not to suffer if you can buy something for $29 and suffer... No fun!
You are right. Once again sorry.

It's important not to confuse suffering and enjoyment.
Sometimes people get used to suffering so much that they start to believe that's enjoyment.

Reactions: Shadow#1
D

Deleted User

What reason to pay $99 for EverDrive and not to suffer if you can buy something for $29 and suffer... No fun!

Though this is obvious flaming, I'm going to answer anyway. I understand why people waited for everdrive and why people are willing to pay for 100$ for it. But Everdrive has also very little justification for buying if you already have a working EZ4 microsd-version (or need to buy a budget version).

If I'm not missing anything, the positives for Everdrive are:
- RTC: I play 0 games with RTC
- Loading times: I usually write 16-32mb games on NOR, and ez4 loads smaller games in 5-15s. This is a difference yes, but not a huge time waster imho
- Drag'n drop: Yes EZ4 client is bad, but it is not AS bad as people claim it to be - and you use it only a few times. Or you can use the alternatives
- No (?) file limits per folder: Though if you have over 80 files, you probably want to have folders anyway
- Recent games list: Saves you a few seconds... and one of the recent played games on EZ4 is probably the one written on NOR
- Don't drain battery life more than normal (?): ez4 seems to drain battery a bit faster than normal game
- Play random game: Seems just a small bonus.
- Just released and more likely to get software updates

Dunno how resetting or saving works for Everdrive, I guess you have to reset back to list similar to EZ4 for saving? For some games EZ4 reset patching seems impossible, so that's a small minus for EZ4. Saving works anyways, since you can just off/on the console.

Positives for EZ4:
- Price
- Normal size cartridge

Negatives for both:
- Games with odd peripherals (tilt/solar/etc) don't work or need patching anyways
- No GBC/GB games without emulation
- No save states

If you have the money and don't mind the larger cartridge, I'd probably say go for everdrive. But I don't think there's any fatal flaw or suffering with EZ4.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Onepunchbruh

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
If your intention to suffer but not to enjoy playing GBA I cannot help. Sorry that tried to help.
Yes... $60 difference is a good reason to suffer.
You are right. Once again sorry.

It's important not to confuse suffering and enjoyment.
Sometimes people get used to suffering so much that they start to believe that's enjoyment.
Thanks for your kindness but as I told before we can buy a 3ds xl in that price & we can add luma hack on it & we can use many different emualors luma menu homebrew like nes'snes'gb'gbc'gba'neogeo'ds &its own games 3ds. So which one is better everdrive or 3ds xl?

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for your kindness but as I told before we can buy a 3ds xl in that price & we can add luma hack on it & we can use many different emualors luma menu homebrew like nes'snes'gb'gbc'gba'neogeo'ds &its own games 3ds. So which one is better everdrive or 3ds xl?
So buy yourself a 3DS then. I myself do not enjoy playing GBA games on my 3DS. It depends on your preferences.

And depending on what you want, both options can be better then the other one. Just because you prefer the 3DS option doesn't make it better for anyone else.

That said, I have enough flash card options at home already I am not going to get the EDGBA X5 myself.

Gesendet von meinem Elephone p6000 mit Tapatalk

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
So buy yourself a 3DS then. I myself do not enjoy playing GBA games on my 3DS. It depends on your preferences.

And depending on what you want, both options can be better then the other one. Just because you prefer the 3DS option doesn't make it better for anyone else.

That said, I have enough flash card options at home already I am not going to get the EDGBA X5 myself.

Whats the difference? between everdrive & ez-iv both of them do the same job ez-flash load games in 15sec & everdrive takes 5sec whats the difference? Accept the price 99$ for everydrive & 29$ for ez-iv. If everdrive was like in 25$ or 30$. I would surely by it. My point of getting 3ds xl involved is because I said everdrive is way expensive then it looks. We can buy 3ds xl in that range & I love to emulators on luma. if you have a problem that's your arrogance but I love the work people done on homebrew!!!

(Sorry for bad English)

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Whats the difference? between everdrive & ez-iv both of them do the same job ez-flash load games in 15sec & everdrive takes 5sec whats the difference? Accept the price 99$ for everydrive & 29$ for ez-iv. If everdrive was like in 25$ or 30$. I would surely by it. My point of getting 3ds xl involved is because I said everdrive is way expensive then it looks. We can buy 3ds xl in that range & I love to emulators on luma. if you have a problem that's your arrogance but I love the work people done on homebrew!!!

(Sorry for bad English)
Again, the everdrive has premium features that the EZflash IV does not have. Premium features cost premium money. If someone decides that the premium features are worth that much - which a lot of people do - then there's a market for the EDGBA.

You and I are not that market, but you are ignoring the fact that there are people out there that are neither you or I by generalizing the EDGBA as pointless.

You're free to express that you don't like it and you have better options that you don't like. But don't try to tell people what they should find pointless or not and respect that someone else is going to say "The EDGBA is worth its money"

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Again, the everdrive has premium features that the EZflash IV does not have. Premium features cost premium money. If someone decides that the premium features are worth that much - which a lot of people do - then there's a market for the EDGBA.

You and I are not that market, but you are ignoring the fact that there are people out there that are neither you or I by generalizing the EDGBA as pointless.

You're free to express that you don't like it and you have better options that you don't like. But don't try to tell people what they should find pointless or not and respect that someone else is going to say "The EDGBA is worth its money"

Ok!!

Johnatan Mnemonikus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you are ok to drive ford fiesta. ok. not a problem. but there are mercedeses and bmws and their prices are times higher than the cool nice fiesta in which your knees close your ears.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1