Hacking bought a DSTWO. Any way to change menu GUI?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hello fellow tempers,

I got sick of the "rev" issues that the R4i Gold 3DS (r4ids.cn) {rev C} had. apparently ones with the METROID PRIME HUNTERS logo are incompatible with the newest R4ids.cn update. So now I have to send the card back to the manufacturer and get a updated REV C...even though the one I bought was labeled REV C as well (and has the C on the board)..

ANYWAY I decided to buy the most reliant flashcart there is on the market. the DSTWO.

I love all the features about this card, but before it arrives I have one complaint about the DSTWO. the GUI.

I would like to view my games using the AceKard or R4 GUI..I like the internal name + Icon showing in a vertical list..or something that shows the internal name and the icon. I don't like either display options on the DSTWO [the icon grid and the plain menu] (from what I've seen on videos on youtube and experience from my DSONEi). I know there is somekinda Wood plugin that I've seen but not sure if that works...I also saw iMenu..but I would like to know other options I have ^_^

Thanks,

Stanleyopar91

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The DSTwo's file selector on the Touch Screen can display all DS ROMs' icons and their file names in a vertical list. The internal name is displayed on the upper screen only for the highlighted file.

The default display on the Touch Screen is a grid of icons. To make it a vertical list of icons with file names (fits 4 ROMs per page), or a vertical list of file names as text (fits 10 ROMs per page), see the Start menu's System/Display option.

Certain skins will show more of the internal name on the upper screen than others. Find one you like on the Supercard Forum's SuperCard Os Skin subforum and install it.

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The DSTwo's file selector on the Touch Screen can display all DS ROMs' icons and their file names in a vertical list. The internal name is displayed on the upper screen only for the highlighted file.

The default display on the Touch Screen is a grid of icons. To make it a vertical list of icons with file names (fits 4 ROMs per page), or a vertical list of file names as text (fits 10 ROMs per page), see the Start menu's System/Display option.

Certain skins will show more of the internal name on the upper screen than others. Find one you like on the Supercard Forum's SuperCard Os Skin subforum and install it.

so it will be more similar to the Acekard2i Menu interface?

and can I test this now on my DSONEi?...or is this a DSTWO exclusive feature

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so it will be more similar to the Acekard2i Menu interface?

and can I test this now on my DSONEi?...or is this a DSTWO exclusive feature
It appears that there is no such option on the DSOnei. It shows a grid. But you may look further into the options than what's shown in the image and the DSOnei "interactive demo"; maybe it's there.

As for it being similar to the Acekard2i, I looked, and the "List" mode on the DSTwo is identical to that.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should have look at the DSTwo Skin Installer.
It's an application that you can use as a plugin for the DSTWO that installs skins for you with the .ds2skin file.
You can also use the PC version to install skins or create them.
I find this application works like a charm.
You can find more information on it here, there are also pre-made skins there: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DSTwo_ds2skin

And you can also the hit SELECT-button to change the layout to a grid, list or an iconless ordered list.
Don't know if the same applies to a DSOne.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==