BOTW updates itself before launching

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by NCHQNTR, Mar 2, 2017.

1. NCHQNTR
    OP

NCHQNTR Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2017
    Mexico
    So I already installed BOTW using WUP (ymod) and the update using normal WUP installer since Y mode gave me an error. I'm able to play the game, but Everytime I launch it, it starts downloading an update for it. I can just choose to start it and play alright, but I wonder what happens if I just let it update itself. I'm on 5.5.0 with DNS blocked.

2. nolimits59

nolimits59 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 25, 2008
    France
    because you have v16 update, but today, nintendo released the v33.

3. NCHQNTR
    OP

NCHQNTR Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2017
    Mexico
    Ohhh, couldn't find that in the forums. So if I update it it will stop working? or I should wait for installing it via WUP Installer.

z0nvy likes this.
  4. nolimits59

nolimits59 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 25, 2008
    France
    If you have the game of your region, you can install with WiiU menu without trouble (or if you want to stay safe before tomorrow, NUS x) ), if not, you'll have to download it from NUS and install with WUP installer.

5. NCHQNTR
    OP

NCHQNTR Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2017
    Mexico
    I'm not in region so I guess I'll wait. Ty!

6. demalmar

demalmar Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    same here, I installed the game with wup installer as well as the update using Mocha. Now can't update on the Wii U menu nor in mocha. Any help on this? I do have my region correct.

Last edited by demalmar, Mar 2, 2017
  7. leoking57

leoking57 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2014
    Mexico
    Just want to chime in, I'm playing the Eur leak on a US console. I just got off my internet connection before booting BotW 1.00 and I could play fine.

Can anyone confirm that there's a new 5.5.2 OFW and if the v33 BotW update fixes some of the framerate issues?

Also, can anyone advise on what to do in the near future? For now I'm just gonna keep playing the shit out of 1.00 but I want to know what course of action to take if there's a new firmware

Thanks in advance, guys

Deboog likes this.
  8. lembi2001

lembi2001 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2015
  9. Hikari06

Hikari06 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    Just to let you know guys, wiiu u usb helper will let you download the latest update (v33) :).

10. demalmar

demalmar Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    I saw your tutorial on that wonderful program. But it needs a key and I don't even know what I have to search. :( I know its a delicated subject, but couldn't you give me any clues about it?

11. Hikari06

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    If you are referring to the address of "that title key site" then I am afraid I cannot give it to you, since it contains the tickets which are copyrighted. A simple google search should give you its address though.

12. AnonDragon

AnonDragon Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2016
    Colombia
    Somewhere
    I was wondering, regarding to the installation of this last update... I installed the former one with fake ticket, therefore CFW needed; I saw this one isn't fake ticket and so won't need CFW to install, but my question is: do I need to delete the previous one to install this one? (or just using CFW would do the trick?)

Last edited by AnonDragon, Mar 2, 2017
  13. demalmar

demalmar Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    I think I found them... a very similar url for wii u and 3ds I would say. I hope I didn't paste the wrong one. Anyway, your software looks amazing. till now I was using Utik, are these programs in the same line?

14. Hikari06

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    The program will not work if the url is incorrect so if the games show up you're fine.
    This app does everything utik does and has more features so you shouldn't be missing anything by using it.

Normally you can install it over the previous update.

z0nvy likes this.
  15. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    what does the v33 update do ?

16. demalmar

demalmar Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    I have read that it improves the frame rate drops. But I'm not sure if this is correct information.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Well, the interface looks wonderful, I'm learning java now and I know how difficult is to do interfaces and programming in general. Thanks a lot for your efforts, and wonderful picture btw, I love Majora's Iconography.

z0nvy, Quantumcat and NCHQNTR like this.
  17. Dan-the-Rebirth

Dan-the-Rebirth GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    All games i installed and that were released on disc Start without sigpatches. But Zelda dosent any idea why? I get an error that i cant close and i habe to reboot the console. It works fine with haxchi. ( i get a different error if i try to Start eshop only games)

18. loler55

loler55 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2012
    Gambia, The
    So Cant Update botw to v.33 eur on a eur console became a error
    Delete the leaked Update and Start update again then error
    Reinstall v16 via wup this moment
    Disconect from Internet and i can Play
    No Time to wait
    See No reason for this
    Plz anyone Confirm v.33 is working or not
    And how

Last edited by loler55, Mar 2, 2017
  19. NCHQNTR
    OP

NCHQNTR Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2017
    Mexico
    Has anyone with US region has updated to v33 from Wii U Menu? Does it work?

20. loler55

loler55 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2012
    Gambia, The
    sry how i sag dont work in the right region

Last edited by loler55, Mar 2, 2017