Botw update help

Bobby6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've just updated cfw 1.5.2 and ofw 16.0.2. I'm trying to install and play botw. Base game works fine. Can install the dlc with no issues. (Doesn't work as needs a update) but soon as I install a update I try to load the game and it works fine until I try and load a save file then crashes and goes back to home screen. I've updated sig patches to latest as far as om aware. Any advice please

Bobby6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just tried that too and weather its a new game or save file it just comes up part way through loading. 'the software was closed because a error occured' :(

ShadowSHD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Don't know if it can help, but I remember having that kind of issue with BotW when I went from SX to Atmosphere.

The game without any updates and DLC was running fine, but as soon as I installed updates and DLC the game crashed at launch, and my Switch told me it detected corrupted datas.

I tried many sources (my own game backup and other sources), many install tools without any success.

What I did to solve the issue, and in which I didn't believe it would work, was :

- Launch / get back to Hekate ;
- Before touching "Launch CFW", hold the two Volume buttons pushed to launch the Switch restore mode ;
- When in restore mode, don't touch anything and just turn off your Switch ;
- Turn on the Switch and try to launch BotW.

I read one day that just launching restore mode without doing anything else cleans residual / corrupted files / updates.

Worth trying I think.

Last edited by ShadowSHD,
Reactions: lancedeleau

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol