BOTW install failed

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Tiltmfc, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Tiltmfc
    OP

Tiltmfc Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Trying to install BOTW on my WII U

I downloaded game and update from UTIKDOWNLOADER. Installing the game via Wup installer y mod and I tried Wup installer GX2

Both times get the same error message
    "Possible bad sd card. Reformat (32 blocks) or replace"

I have tried two different SD cards as well and I did reformat the sd card when I swapped it out.

any help would be great, Thanks guys

2. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    Make sure you format in FAT32. If you're positive both of the cards you tried were properly formatted, then I can only guess there is a problem with your files. Try this SFV file I made to verify your download and see if it matches mine. I installed the game yesterday with no problem. I downloaded with FunKiiU but the files should be the same as with UTIK.

Attached Files:

3. fenderjaguar

fenderjaguar GBAtemp Fan

Sep 19, 2015
  4. Tiltmfc
    OP

Tiltmfc Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Im not really sure what to do with that file

I did try to reformat with this program fat32 32768 unit size
    still got the same error but thanks for the suggestions guys im sure ill figure it out

5. Dust2dust

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    That's an sfv file. Put the file (unrar first) in the folder where you downloaded the game and use something like quicksfv to verify if your files match. If some don't, quicksfv will tell you which ones.

6. Superdead22

Superdead22 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2013
    Do you know where I could get an SFV file for the EUR version of BOTW please?

7. Dust2dust

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    Someone who downloaded it from NUS would have to create one. Easy to do. I did that for the US version. Ask on the forum in a new thread. I'm sure someone could help you. Alternatively, I hear the app WiiU USB Helper does verify the downloads by checking each hash files (.h3). Maybe you could try to use that, just copying your files to the correct folder, and let the program check.

Superdead22 likes this.
  8. Superdead22

Superdead22 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2013
    I had the same problem for 2 days straight. All other games worked fine except BOTW which I got from WiiU USB Helper and UTik. I fixed the issue by downloading the game from a different source.

9. Tiltmfc
    OP

Tiltmfc Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States

SO finally was able to check the file I had one bad file 0000000d.app da68aaa9a failed crc mismatch

Dust2dust likes this.