Gaming BOTW Cartridge: Software closed because an error occurred

chower

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm on OFW 10.0.2 which i just updated today, havent been playing BOTW in a while so i inserted the physical game cartridge, chose my user profile and then "The Software is closed because an error occurred". No error code given too.

Tried the following:
- Data Management > delete software (any updates/dlc) and restart. Same issue.
- Removed SD card and repeated steps above, same issue.
- Tried to clean the cartridge and blow into the reader. Same issue.
- Changed to another game cartridge (1-2 switch game) to see if was a reader issue, no issues reading this card though.

Is there any other fixes that could possibly save this situation??
Please don't ask me to delete my save data, that would be the ultimate last solution which I'm not ready for it yet... :C PLease help!

Last edited by chower,

chower

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thanks! I'm not using CFW at the moment but i still manage to resolve it somehow. All my solutions above didn't work but I went into recovery mode (press vol + and - and power button) and "initialize console without deleting save data" and the game came back to life.

One small (or big) issue though, I had previously purchased its DLC in my account, i even checked right before initializing and it clearly stated that i had purchased it, but after initializing, the DLC page on the eshop asked me to purchase it instead, effectively saying that i did not purchase it before which i'm 1000% sure i did... and weird considering the transaction history should be saved in the account and shouldn't change even if i factory reset my console.
Anyways only way now is go to nintendo online forums to ask for help.. :C

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...