BotW Amiibo using NFC from android phone?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by romeoondaline, Mar 2, 2017.

1. romeoondaline
    OP

romeoondaline GBAtemp Fan

Aug 16, 2006
    United States
    U know where
    I'm fairly sure that this is possible, but i'll ask.
    IS it possible for someone to just use their phone's NFC on their WiiUpad to emulate certain amiibos? If so do you need any other 3rd party device besides a phone?

Also I was reading something about having to do the Cave of Shadows for the amiibo to load on to BotW, so what would be the way around this since many of us completed the Cave of Shadows due to whatever reason.

Roxe__ likes this.
  2. Roxe__

Roxe__ GBAtemp Regular

Jun 2, 2016
    Argentina
    I would actually like to know how to do this as well!

3. sup3rgh0st

sup3rgh0st Top Tier Ghost

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    Last edited by sup3rgh0st, Mar 2, 2017
    Kafluke, romeoondaline and Roxe__ like this.
  4. Roxe__

Roxe__ GBAtemp Regular

Jun 2, 2016
    Argentina
    @sup3rgh0st Shared with me if you google [NFC bank], you'll find it quiet useful, there's a maxed wolf link that you can summon once per day there! :D

KiiWii and romeoondaline like this.
  5. romeoondaline
    OP

romeoondaline GBAtemp Fan

Aug 16, 2006
    United States
    U know where
    Thank you this is great info!

Though one more question, can I just get a reprogrammable NFC tag, so I can use it multiple times?

Last edited by romeoondaline, Mar 2, 2017
  6. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    Retail amiibo won't work unless the character data is permanently write-locked. The Wii U, 3DS, and Switch all check for this.

Development amiibo can be rewritten, but they're encrypted differently and won't work with your retail gear.

7. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    You can buy ntags and write them with bin files that are all over the Web. You use your android phone to write the tags and then they work as legit amiibo. There's a whole thread on here for that.

Edit: sorry I'm on my phone and didn't read the whole thread. I see the links above.

Also the topic of writing directly from your phone to the gamepad has several existing threads on here. It's not possible at the moment

Last edited by Kafluke, Mar 2, 2017