Gaming Bottom screen flashes.

Tronic56

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So finaly i managed to open my DS Lite and make it work with one screen by attaching an LED to the negative and possitive points of the upper screen. It worked for some time and then just a green light lights and bottom screen flashes for almost an second and then it just turns off. Do you have any ideas what it might be? Im a thinking of a fuse...

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Its flashes because the top screens not attached not a fuse issue.

F1 and F2 fuses cause issues.
Try replacing or bridging them.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Like Cartman said, the screen flashes because the top screen is not connected at all, if you turn it on with a GBA game inserted, it will automatically boot to that GBA game without flashing.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So Yepi69 is it because i set it to auto mod? Cartmanuk I cant even use a soldering iron.

No, you can decide either to play GBA games on the top screen or on the bottom screen, you must have chosen the top screen so when the DS boots up to play the GBA game, it will notice it doesn't have a top screen and its gonna flash the bottom screen, or I can be wrong, try booting the DS with a GBA game.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The LED lights but the screen flashes one and then the LED an the screen turn off.

Exactly what I meant, it isn't making proper contact, try reattaching, if that doesn't work you can always try with another LED, and if THAT doesn't work either then it must be a blown fuse.

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, reading through your posts you are rather impatient -- which is terrible when it comes to working with small components. Also, the LED approach is not the best one. In fact, you could end up with faster battery drain, or being unable to change the brightness of the lower screen. Use a 1,000 Ohm resister instead. Then you don't need to set anything to auto mode. You can even set the GBA mode to use the upper screen (even if it's not there) and the DS Lite will still work normally (you just won't see anything, of course).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night