Bored With My DS

Harpuia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was very bored with my DS, till TWEWY came out. I love my DS now, but it's hard to imagine something as unique as TWEWY coming to DS again. I'm buying a PSP sooner or later.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use my PSP for PSP games and emulators
NES, GBC\GB\GBA, SNES, GEN, PS1

the emulators on the DS side are a complete joke compared the PSP vers which most have been out for years
same goes for video and music and web browsing and pictures

though the DS games are the reason I got it for and PSP does everything else

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Vampire Hunter D said:
If you're bored the simple answer is you're either just not looking hard enough, or you suffer from game pirates syndrome.

yeah, that's why i limit myself to a 2gb micro SD so i can only play certain amount of games at once.

QUOTE(Joe88 @ Apr 22 2008, 05:56 AM) the emulators on the DS side are a complete joke compared the PSP vers which most have been out for years
same goes for video and music and web browsing and pictures

yep indeed, i like the fact that i can use the web browser on the psp without having to buy extra parts.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't had enough time to play out the titles I'm interested in yet, but I have noticed that the DS has a lot less to offer that catches my interest than the GBA did. If you haven't already been through it and want to expand your DS's lifespan take a look at the GBA catalogue, there's a lot of fantastic titles in there. Have a dig around in your local store's preowned bin, they're normally quite reasonably priced due to their age.

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
4ppleseed said:
Zikes, there really seems to be a massive exodus from DS to PSP at the moment. I thought it was just me
biggrin.gif

I still think theres one or two killer games coming for the DS but it's just too inconsistent.

Im not saying the DS Sucks, i just like FPS handheld games, and the ds has what only 2 or 3? I like more MATURE games, not saying the DS is for kids but i see alot (as in what 6~7 yrs old) around the supermarket playing there DS's and kinda embarrassing.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I own the DS (original model) + M3 Perfect, and a CFW PSP Slim. While I've owned the DS longer and therefore have more playtime on it...the PSP feels different than the DS since it honestly tries to bring console gaming to a handheld. This is evident with the PS1/PS2 titles ported to the system, which is a fine thing in itself.

There are really only a few DS games that really really pull off the touch-screen aspects very well, though I know I haven't played too many of them. Meteos remains one of my top favorites (and I even own the cartridge!) simply for its good use of the screen, and there are a few keeper titles. I think I ruined DS gaming for myself in general because I'd get so many games at once and I wouldn't really give the games a decent chance.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got to give Fira the agreeance nod there for sure on the 'amount' of cool shit that GBA had vs the DS. The DS is catching up and GBA did last 7 years in the states(6 really with effort behind it) so there is time yet.

I'm re-surging my interest in GBA stuff lately as I decided to peg down a GB Micro, dust off the dozen games I had left and then pick a handful up I stupidly ditched, but moreso grabbed up some unknown gems (Car Battler Joe for one) or stuff I just stupidly skipped and I'm really getting into it. The GBA not the DS or the Wii have got my attention now for weeks when I've wanted to do something not on the PC (Guild Wars mainly.)

I do have Tony Hawk American Skateland DS coming though which I can't wait. I had it when it came out as I got it for this stupid cheap price and as I ran into a bad time I couldn't play it more than a few hours I sold it when I wouldn't take a loss. Found a new copy on ebay for $12 w/ship so I intend to give it a work-up now as I have time. IN trade off I am ignoring Okami for now as some buzz I didn't like around the buttkissing scores, and Mario Kart I can wait as it hasn't been a life or death thing since the N64/GBA for me as they've gotten perpetually crappier per release since the N64.

Ice Cold

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know what your saying. The DS releases haven't been so hot lately. My friend went to PSP for a bit.

My interest in DS is slowly fading as well. There are still some follow-up games I really want to play (Layton and Apollo Justice sequels!).

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmm.. i think i might be the only one whose not bored with my DS. i personally find that i dont have enough time to play mine. Odd. i love my DS cause i can play it anywhere( Lol at SavageWaffle) and anytime when i have time. but recently i dont have that anytime any more.

But i like the look of patapon for the PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/I7eGsMgneqE?si=7YJCkvMtfsABB3Mw