Bored With My DS

Norman3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
good day to everyone!

I have been DS owner for almost to years now, i have to say i enjoyed it alot, but now i jst don't know wht to do with anymore!

I finished games with Major names:

EBA
Ace Attorney Series
Marios
MPH
COD4
Final fantasies
Bleach

and others, i also played some of the games in the essntials list, i also downloaded many homebrew apps, but now i find my ds uninteresting anymore, though i'm still waiting for FF4

Anybody else feel the same for his/her DS? For those who are not yet bored what do you recommend? I have a DSTT and a 5GB Memory Card, thanks for suggestions

nds.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I too got bored of my Nintendo DS for awhile too.
There really wasn't interesting for a while, just a big gap full of boring, shovelware games.
Basically, all I played was Tetris DS and Mario Kart DS (the games that never get old!).

But, this last week has spouted some pretty nice games.
The World Ends With You is an awesome urban-style fighting-game.
And I can't Rondo of Swords doesn't look bad.

Try those out, and if you're disappointed - there is always your GBA!
gbasp.gif

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Kinda got bored to ds. I got used one for really cheap and eventually sold it and got much profit. It was really interesting piece of technology, but then again it's more of kids portable imo. Actually i don't really even care about portable gaming. :|

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
play through Kirby Canvas Curse / Magical Paintbrush. Definatly best game using wii capabilities.
Also play through both Megaman ZX and ZX Advent. Looks like you've missed the Castlevanias too. Play them too!

4ppleseed

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep. Have given my DS to my girlfriend. She loves it as it's all new to her and is playing stuff like Prof Layton. Personally I just got bored of the games as they we all too limited in scope and repetitive by nature.

My PSP has become my main handheld machine and I have sets of retro SNES and Genesis titles, N64 and some homebrew games running very smoothly right next to things like God Of War, Patapon etc.

Once again I think Nintendo have sold themselves short on their system.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
get a psp and you will never be bored again, the psp has less shovelware ratio, so you will get more quality titles also with CFW you can do much more homebrew stuff than you can with a DS.

still keep your DS for the quality games that come on the DS (not often enough imo)

4ppleseed

Trophies
XP
Country
Zikes, there really seems to be a massive exodus from DS to PSP at the moment. I thought it was just me
biggrin.gif

I still think theres one or two killer games coming for the DS but it's just too inconsistent.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My first recommendation, stop playing games you can only play once.

No matter how great the game is, if it's just a story you play out and then it's over, yeah sure it can get boring.

Maybe try playing Advance Wars against another person. Getting your ass handed to you on a platter till you get good enough to do it back might actually make it interesting again.

The assumes you play all your games solo.

I usually only play games you can play till hell freezes over and still not be "finished". I rarely get into games that have a finite duration.

If you've gotten bored of the DS that easily, the PSP won't help you. You'll get bored of it too. Just for different reasons.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's always a time gap where the DS becomes boring, just like any other console. Get something like Brain Age. I played it a few times in the past, but not so much. I think I'm gonna go get it again because it'll just kill time and it wasn't so bad. Makes you think, which is good.
tongue.gif

There's a lot of good games that are going to come out. Metal Slug, FFT, Disgaea.. etc.

For the games that are out at the moment, I'd recommend:

Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword (one of the few games that I actually finished because I liked it a lot)
World Ends With You (I killed my DS, so I haven't tried it yet. People say its good though)

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're bored the simple answer is you're either just not looking hard enough, or you suffer from game pirates syndrome.

If it's the latter you've flashed so much shit on and off your card it has become like a drug so you're never satisfied, get bored, and flash new shit on there at a faster pace until a point nothing is interesting anymore. I had a light touch of that back in the mid90s with the oldwarez scene on efnet, and to a degree again int he 90s just when NES/GB stuff was exploding as like Pokemon I had to catch 'em all...then play them for like 5sec and move on...it sucked.

I see you said you tried a lot of major stuff. While #2 and 3 fairly sucked in releases, the original Tony Hawk on the DS is a damn fine game and rewards you every step of the way as you build your own personalized asskicker skate park. Perhaps try that one?

Norman3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I Dont know how to quote but here are some of my thoughts

Panzer- You maybe ryt,i play alone and i play games games that i can
only play once.
I also play those Advance Wars and multiplyer games
But the problem is i have no one else to play with here in my place, im the only one that has ds here.

Elrinth- I forgot to mention those games, i already finished them before

The World Ends With you Repliers- ??? this game is nt out yet here but i will definitely try this when its released here at ph

PSP- hm, i will definitely try to buy one, tnx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more