ROM Hack Borderlands 2 GOTY Profile Modding

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Problem is not have a save, is having a profile that we can work, on BL2.
What do you mean exactly? Cause when extracting a bl2 save, theres a file called profiledata.bin (or something along those line). So alot of us believe that the golden keys, BA rank, etc., is all stored there

dalzeny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What do you mean exactly? Cause when extracting a bl2 save, theres a file called profiledata.bin (or something along those line). So alot of us believe that the golden keys, BA rank, etc., is all stored there
A fix to this problem is making a character on PC, use a game trainer for Borderlands, do whatever you wanna do with the characters like having the infinite keys or badass ranks, then just covert to switch version

Reactions: thuggothic

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A fix to this problem is making a character on PC, use a game trainer for Borderlands, do whatever you wanna do with the characters like having the infinite keys or badass ranks, then just covert to switch version
Then how do you go about converting the profile.bin? Because gibbed only does characters, while 2 other programs edit the profile.bin file. Those 2 programs also only support pc and xbox360 officially (and maybe ps3 but I'm not sure)

Reactions: Khalyus

dalzeny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Then how do you go about converting the profile.bin? Because gibbed only does characters, while 2 other programs edit the profile.bin file. Those 2 programs also only support pc and xbox360 officially (and maybe ps3 but I'm not sure)
Well, that I don't know, I used to mod BL 1 and 2 with bruteforce and gibbed, and I remember there was a Youtuber who could convert PS3 files to 360 using Bruteforce as well, but there is something in between that made it possible that I don't remember, but maybe its the same with Switch?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the profile.bin file isn't tied to the console ID, but the save game itself, cause I missed a step while using bruteforce on it once and left some params "blank" and, everything that is shared among all characters was wiped, in this case it was my badass points

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the 360 it was tied to the actual profile that you used. So it wasnt console save. Also for converting characters between console formats, the only way I know of is gibbed. The method of save extraction was different but gibbed did it all besides the badass rank and that stuff. But back to profile editing. on the pc, you had a profile.bin (didnt play it on pc but that's what I've gathered from searching). On the 360, you had to extract your profile and also extract a file in the profile it self (it was a string of numbers with a .gpd at the end). Then with the profile and the gpd file you edit that stuff with gpd editor which is almost exactly the same as the one on nexus.

dalzeny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
On the 360 it was tied to the actual profile that you used. So it wasnt console save. Also for converting characters between console formats, the only way I know of is gibbed. The method of save extraction was different but gibbed did it all besides the badass rank and that stuff. But back to profile editing. on the pc, you had a profile.bin (didnt play it on pc but that's what I've gathered from searching). On the 360, you had to extract your profile and also extract a file in the profile it self (it was a string of numbers with a .gpd at the end). Then with the profile and the gpd file you edit that stuff with gpd editor which is almost exactly the same as the one on nexus.
Understood. Has anyone tried editing the save files with HxD (Hex editing) and cheat engine?

I have edited Aspect Ratios and in-game features with HxD, usually the core game mechanics have the same hex even if it is a port, so its possible that it is still the same
here's a video of a guy editing the colors of characters in Borderlands 1

If there was a way of running cheat engine on Switch it would make things a lot easier too, because there's an option to track changes in real time for the files, but I have no idea if it is doable or if anyone has ever got CE to run on it

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically, Edizon is a cheat engine, same with sx os cheat finder. So maybe it can be done but I have no experience with that stuff

wiifan420

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Problem is not have a save, is having a profile that we can work, on BL2.

Well when a save is extracted the profiledata.bin is extracted also, which is where the golden keys are stored lol. So a save backup containing some unused keys would help greatly with modding them!

Khalyus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well when a save is extracted the profiledata.bin is extracted also, which is where the golden keys are stored lol. So a save backup containing some unused keys would help greatly with modding them!
Yeah, but we dont have one that we can work with the existing tools, and If u have some keys u may try to find the offset, that would be great, but most people with banned switch cant get more cuz they cant Go online.

Last edited by Khalyus,

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to be a catch 22, you can't get the file if you don't extract it, and you can't get the keys if you are on a modded console.
Well you could run cfw on sysnand but that comes with more of a risk. But if someone (wish i could, no coding knowledge) makes an editor like the ones that were used back in the day. Then problem would be solved.

javipu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Has anyone been launch the cheat engine for borderlands 2 or any pc lua file in switch? I'm interested in the legendary drop mod

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Look into a hdmi splitter
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or most surround sound receivers are 3 HDMI in, one HDMI out to tv, and you can select which hdmi in
    you want on the receiver.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Surround sound receiver is a good $300
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but so nice for gaming, movies.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi is old he needs Walmart PA system
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coupon makes it 30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it +1