BootNTR Selector Mode 3(Running o3DS) Ultra sun issues

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Exannor, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Exannor
    OP

Exannor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2018
    United States
    So I'm having a bit of issues with the ultra sun codes as the menu works, but when I select the cheat that I want(No outlines of course) and then exit and enter say the pokemon center, my 3ds as a whole crashes.

Is there something that I am missing? I am using ultra sun codes that are compatible with the o3ds.

The version that I am running is 11.8, I did see that some people were having trouble with bootNTR selector on 11.8, but the github says that it has added support for 11.8.

And please, don't tell me to get a n3DS. That is my last of the last option if EVERYTHING goes wrong(super ban/brick) and the cheat isn't as important.

I have tried Rosalina+Sharkive earlier to see if they would work as I thought they would before I put luma on my 3ds, but that's a nope.

2. Hallowing

Hallowing Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2017
    United States
    Sounds to me like your plg file is either a little big or your codes don't match up with your game patch.

Which plug-in are you using (some don't like o3ds)? Also you might want to check out sharkive or ctrpf-ar because I haven't had any crashing issues. Or if you don't want any fancy plugins you could try
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/usum-ips-patches.488802/

3. Exannor
    OP

Exannor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2018
    United States

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-usu...patible-ntr-plugin-for-ultra-sun-moon.489625/

^These are the plugins that I am using and sharkive is just a database for the codes, doesn’t apply them, and I’ve already tried using Rosalina when using those codes that I pulled from sharkive. I have looked into ctrpf-ar, but haven’t found enough info on how to install it. And the ips patches look interesting and I’ll look more into it, but they look difficult/tedious to remove.

Edit: Fort42 was also down when I tried to use ctrpf-ar

Last edited by Exannor, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Exannor
    OP

Exannor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2018
    United States
    image. image.

Looked around a bit more on ctrpf-ar and found out how to install it on the github page(I must’ve not looked hard enough, thought it was mainly for n3ds, or looked over it, but the codes still don’t work and the codes came straight from the github page itself

5. Hallowing

Hallowing Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2017
    United States
    Is your game actually still on 1.0? Those codes should work. Also for the no outlines to work you have to turn it on and then leave the area you were in (i.e. enter or leave a building for it to activate)

6. Exannor
    OP

Exannor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2018
    United States
    6CB821C7-5E36-4B74-9784-21DB09F6C419. 6C89E447-02D9-4BD1-B827-38A4BDA27C6A. 953E050E-5808-47DE-BF97-C92190CE9C2D. @Hallowing

It doesn’t and I finally figured that out at 4 in the morning today. I just decided to crash after that. I slightly regret staying up at 4 in the morning trying to figure that out. I found out because it upped itself to v1.1 which partially worked as models outside of party/pc/battle worked. I then found out that USUM framework had the v1.2 code, put it in and now it’s working which is also probably why the no outlines cheat using the Rosalina menu doesn’t work either because the cheat that I pulled from sharkive uses the v1.0

Last edited by Exannor, Aug 22, 2018