Hacking BootMii

_Aizen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone , when I want run any homebrew , I have this message "Failed to boot selected file ! "

Someone can help me?

sorry if this has already been asked

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
_Aizen said:
Hi everyone , when I want run any homebrew , I have this message "Failed to boot selected file ! "

Someone can help me?

sorry if this has already been asked

Try reformatting your SD card. Like the white linux installer, how BootMii Backup formats the SD messes with some apps (strangely different apps each time).

hans0l0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i installed bootmii as ios due to the newer boot1 but I downgraded HBC back to 1.0.1 for sdhc, has anyone made a boot.dol that I can put in a folder in apps directory to access the bootmii menu without HBC 1.0.2?

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
hans0l0 said:
i installed bootmii as ios due to the newer boot1 but I downgraded HBC back to 1.0.1 for sdhc, has anyone made a boot.dol that I can put in a folder in apps directory to access the bootmii menu without HBC 1.0.2?

i updated to 4.0 today and hence discovered shdc support is borked for the moment. my wii sd menu wont read 4gb or 8gb sdhc card. i would like to downgrade the HBC to 1.01 also, but is it safe to do so, wont break anything else i presume? is it just a case of running the 1.01 .dol again?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone clarify at which point, if at all, bootmii wipes/formats the SD card ? Is it when you install it or when you first backup the NAND ?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
AdamBrunt said:
Can someone clarify at which point, if at all, bootmii wipes/formats the SD card ? Is it when you install it or when you first backup the NAND ?

installing it will just create a \bootmii folder in root
making a nand backup will probably format the card first. it wants the card to be fat32 and the volume name to be bootmiibackup. if it's not, it will format.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
AdamBrunt said:

installing it will just create a \bootmii folder in root
making a nand backup will probably format the card first. it wants the card to be fat32 and the volume name to be bootmiibackup. if it's not, it will format.

Thanks.

Changing the volume name is easy enough but my SD card is currently FAT not FAT32 ... time to back it up (which is probably wise anyway).

WiiGator

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JohnnyCheeks said:
FOUNTAINEER said:
i read the limitations to ios vs boot2. not super clear whether it's something that they will be able to change in the future or the limitation is permanent to those with newer wiis?
It's hardware. So you're good to go on the boot2 method. I installed it on my 4.0 system (bought in early 07) without a hitch.

Now if you're a 'moron' like me who foolishly upgraded without removing an outdated 249 (this was before USB Loader, but when backup launchers were all the rage. I followed a tutorial right here on this site which involved upgrading to 3.4, but it didn't cross my mind that 249 would interfere with anything at the time), you can install BootMii just fine, but it's a matter of time until there's fixes around. (Maybe adapting AnyTitle Deleter as a windows app that works with NAND.BIN files perhaps? now THAT'S an idea)

I assume that Boot2 gets also overwritten if you use a foreign NAND dump. If the other Wii didn't had Bootmii installed it will brick.
My new application cBoot2 should solve your problem http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=156199 if you are able to install Bootmii as Boot2.

576ZR673tf

Hi guys, I've been searching for the answer to my question without success, so... I'vre read that people copy the NAND from their SD to their computer ; I'd just like to know if someone has successfully copied it back to another SD and restored it onto the Wii.

You know what I mean, I have only one SD card and I need it for the HBC...
wink.gif

DeviousTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol didnt back up my sd wen doing the NAND dump onto the sd from the wii, and now ive lost everything on my sd, o well, not like i had that much on my sd...not...

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
i guys, I've been searching for the answer to my question without success, so... I'vre read that people copy the NAND from their SD to their computer ; I'd just like to know if someone has successfully copied it back to another SD and restored it onto the Wii.

yes, obviously.

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eagle687 said:
Hi guys, I've been searching for the answer to my question without success, so... I'vre read that people copy the NAND from their SD to their computer ; I'd just like to know if someone has successfully copied it back to another SD and restored it onto the Wii.

wink.gif
just used bootmii to restore to 3.2 from 4.0 after using backed up nand bin from pc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019