Hacking BootMii

JussiPik

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i had also problem with the sd wanting to format the sd, then i formatted it to fat32 in windows, then placed in wii and backed up the nand again, then it worked. didn`t need another sd for.

576ZR673tf

Thank you for the answer guys
smile.gif

mr.silvestor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi,
need a little help, i have installed as boot2, and saved the nand.bin on my pc via sd card but now i can't get anthing to work!!
the homebrew channel i have had installed for ages just gives me a blue screen and the lights on the remote go off, i have tried from system menu and from bootmii menu but nothing happens (i get black screen with bootmii menu - 10mins later still black screen),i now can't play the games on my usb drive.

any ideas what i have done wrong? how to fix it?
cheers in advance.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
All appears to be working fine here ... slightly worried when (a) the 'test results' screen didn't mention anything about installing bootmii as boot2 (only IOS) but the it installed just fine and (b) after bootmii had installed (didn't bother with HBC and DVDx as I don't need them) and I exited the app and then exited the HBC it went to a black screen and lost the signal to the wiimote !!! A hard reboot fixed it though
smile.gif

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I made a Nand backup on a SD card. Can I copy the nand.bin file to my PC and use the SD card for something else and later when I want to restore the Nand copy the file back to SD? Or does the nand.bin have to stay on SD?

Sorry if this was answered already but I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread.

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
AdamBrunt said:
All appears to be working fine here ... slightly worried when (a) the 'test results' screen didn't mention anything about installing bootmii as boot1 (only IOS) but the it installed just fine and (b) after bootmii had installed (didn't bother with HBC and DVDx as I don't need them) and I exited the app and then exited the HBC it went to a black screen and lost the signal to the wiimote !!! A hard reboot fixed it though
smile.gif

boot2 even if.

boot1 is read only afaik.

QUOTE(SpaceJump @ May 23 2009, 04:24 AM) So I made a Nand backup on a SD card. Can I copy the nand.bin file to my PC and use the SD card for something else and later when I want to restore the Nand copy the file back to SD? Or does the nand.bin have to stay on SD?

Sorry if this was answered already but I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread.

yes. you're free to move the file.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks Elfish.

When making a Nand backup, I get "Factory bad block marker at block xxxx" three times. But the verification is successful. Did something went wrong or can I ignore these?

boo_se

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to transfer my nand backup from my SD card over to my PC but my PC doesnt recognize the card.... it wants to format it. My SD card was formated by bootmii before the dump. Any ideas how to solve this? thanks

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
boo_se said:
I want to transfer my nand backup from my SD card over to my PC but my PC doesnt recognize the card.... it wants to format it. My SD card was formated by bootmii before the dump. Any ideas how to solve this? thanks

I had that too. Try to make the backup again. Perhaps bootmii sometimes fails to properly unmount the card or something like that, causing data corruption

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And if that doesn't work you can use your computer to format your SD card to FAT32 before doing anything with Bootmii and then try again.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
boo_se said:
I tried backing up my nand two times and each time this happens. Anyone have a solution?

boo_se

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackEnigma said:
And if that doesn't work you can use your computer to format your SD card to FAT32 before doing anything with Bootmii and then try again.

Thanks im going to try this !

Edit: it worked! thanks

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Good evening,
By seeing the readme from the bootmii installer, I wondered one thing.
QUOTE said:
I. NAND Backup/Restore
[...] We suggest that you make a
backup of your Wii's NAND Flash, label the SD card and store it in a safe place in case you ever
need to recover from it.
Perhaps this have already been discussed, but I wanted to know if positive answers to the question of the removability of the nand.bin file (like Elfish's one) were based on feedbacks or on theory (I mean no offense to Elfish or anyone else helping, I'm just asking as I've not yet tried to recover the wii's nand).
Thank you! (and sorry for my engrish...)

tony996

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i have more than one problem, but we will see if i can get an answer for this one. i have bootmii installed i can download the nand, but when i try to upload the nand back on the wii i get the message nand dump is for a different wii......... how can that be if i just dumped it, and try putting back. i am really stuck here. trying to fix my bricked wii. any thoughts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh