Hacking BootMii + MINI & The Future...

redmanmark86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so i was thinking, what are the possiblities or the things we can do once MINI is released with all the USB drivers in place such as OCHI and Bluetooth.

What will be the difference from using Nintendo's IOS compared to one made from scratch?

Does this mean better Linux supprt, or better Emulator support? Maybe even something like XBox Media center?

how far can we really take this?

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i'm kinda curious too
ohmy.gif

i bet there'll be tons of nice stuff comming out
smile.gif

marice

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great topic, i was wondering this aswell....
For instance, XBMC, WIFI (on full 54Mbit) or a better n64 emu?

would like to hear some devs point of view about this matter.

redmanmark86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well from looking at the buglist a bunch of task have been added to basically get bluetooth (for WiiRemote) and USB up and running for keyboards and so on...

Once this is done then i guess the Wii is truly ours... I don't understand Starlet enough to know the situation with it
frown.gif

but i guess if a whole new system menu was created from scratch would games actually still be able to play, what abotu back up's? what happens to all those IOS?

i beleive meulators should get better as they would have full control of the ARM processor and also be able to fully access the graphic card so i think thats a defo...

a media center is something the Wii is crying for, this channel idea of the wii never did it for me and doesn't allow much in my opinion, but imagine being able to access your media drive and stream stuff to your wii and have it appear on your telly, now that would be something...

infact i wonder if www.reactos.org could be ported to the Wii,lol...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, like Team Twiizers said, only the Sky is the Limit
wink.gif
. I think they mentioned that:

-A better DVD-Player will come, based on BootMii,
-WiiLinux will also come,
-And a cSSM would also be possible

I'm realy hoping that a nice Media Center will come up, like (or better, a full port) of XBMC, with DVD, and much more...along with a great WiiLinux and a cSSM...that would also be nice
wub.gif
...like always, let's wait and see what happens...
wink.gif
. I'm also very curious, and I'm shure that some great things will come up...the whole thing is very exciting
smile.gif

pacman366

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with direct access to the cpu, and all the hardware, MINI sould break us from dependence to nintendo's environment. one of the good things about this is we will no longer be dependent on cioses that provide a different way of controlling I/O to hardware. this ofcorse is good for the wii homebrew developers. not much so for people who develop ISO loaders and such.

redmanmark86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im sure TT said that nintendo blocking it or trying to overwrite would be pretty hard but not impossible to do and could break legit Wii's so i can't see them blocking it anytime soon myself...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer