Hacking Bootmii mini comeing soon!!!

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Of course BootMii lives on, just because Marcan has a dead rat up his arse doesn't mean the rest of Team Twiizers does. The worst thing is I understand where Marcan et all is coming from, but slagging off every ones skills just because he doesn't agree with the direction things are taking is wrong. Slag off there ethics, morals etc but not there skills. Where would the world be without the Haber process? Ethically and morally I think Haber was a monster, but I'm not going to slag off the production of ammonia using an iron catalyst

pro2oman

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yep lol, with the all the nice new GUI why wouldn't you, makes it like a safe wii menu replacement
smile.gif

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MightyMouse said:
whats funny is people are gonna use BootMii to boot straight into the USB Loader lol

Watch this forum for a loader that works from preloader and can launch discs and channels too. Ok you won't have banners, but you will have boxart for discs etc

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Team Twiizers once again made the Wiibrew community
jump for joy a few days ago when they released a video of BootMii, a new software-based method of hijacking the Wii's boot-up process.

At their HackMii blog the group's Marcan explains what BootMii is all about. It's a long discourse, but basically it comes down to this:

The first thing that you need to realize is that BootMii isn’t a single application or hack - it’s a platform for hacks.

Unlike PatchMii, which only served to bypass restrictions of IOS, BootMii is a platform that serves as an alternative to the Wii's own system. This allows users
to have "full control of the console [...] and you'll have the ability to do anything at that point." After that, "the sky's the limit." You can read the full explanation of the BootMii process after the source link.

Now for those who are asking whether Team Twiizers will release BootMii, the answer is "yes." Says Marcan: "Oh, and don’t worry, we’ll release BootMii-Core when it’s ready. No need to pester us for the release date."

saw this a while back

http://hackmii.com/2008/10/bootmii-the-beginning/

pro2oman

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
from what i know yes but is better in some technical way as it is built into boot2 and does not need the IOS, it runes before IOS and therefor a better solution.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bootmii resides in boot2... It means it's loaded before everything else. It's the ultimate brick protection as well as being able access all of the wii hardware before the low level systems kick in... basically giving you full run of everything the system has to offer.

Also, it's much harder/less likely that nintendo will be able to patch it in future updates.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BootMii replaces boot2 and can launch either a file from SD (like a forwader on SD) or the System Menu. With preloader installed I guess it would launch that instead of the SysMenu, but putting preloader on the SD once you have BootMii would be better

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBlaster said:
crwys said:
thats just an app... not a system menu replacement?

i said similar anyways and the system menu is pretty much a app

Yep, a replacement sysmenu would just be an app, just like replacement shells on Windows. I've been researching this quite thoroughly and the only thing that can't be done in a homebrew app reliably is banner parsing and rendering. And I'm sure that will be worked out soon, but months soon not Waninkoko update soon.

pro2oman

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ya what was it 3 updates in one day??? maybe her ran out of testers and just let everyone try it lol
anyway USB loader is still good but i think they should take there time and make tings safe and work properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.